Question

number not transferred

• 17 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I was told my old number with Vodafone would transfer by 8pm today. Still not happened. Need the phone for work.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Karen Nagle,

The website says it can take up until 10pm, on the day of the port, for the number port-in.

Have you tried the following?
1) Removing the iD SIM from your phone, turning it on and off again without the SIM.
2) Leave it off for several minutes while you put the iD SIM back into your phone.
3) Turn your phone on again.

If you’re in an area with a bad or weak mobile signal, the porting process could be affected.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Thank you. Have made several attempts, but the number hasn’t come across. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Karen Nagle 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Userlevel 1

My number still hasn’t come across. This is beyond ridiculous now. I need my phone for work so have no idea if customers are trying to contact me. Please explain what the delay is. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@Karen Nagle I don’t want to rub salt into the wound but if you’re using the service for business use then you’re in breach of the terms of service:

5.9 We are providing the SIM Card and the Services solely for your own personal use (and not for any business purposes) and that you will not re-sell or otherwise act as any form of distributor in respect of the SIM Card, the Content, the Services or your number, code or any associated number. You must not connect a GSM Gateway to the Network or otherwise establish, install or use a GSM Gateway in relation to the Network or the Services without our prior written consent, which may be withheld at our absolute discretion.

Vodafone would disconnect your SIM on the spot if you were a customer of theirs. That being said, it’s ridiculous that ID Mobile customers have been left with no phone service for the best part of a week due to their old numbers no longer working! 

Userlevel 1

I’m a self employed dog groomer. I just need customers to be able to phone me. I’m not trading, transacting or selling anything. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Karen Nagle you might think about switching to a business tariff. These can often be better value than many consumer tariffs. Obviously that rules out iD who don’t offer anything for businesses.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Karen Nagle 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?