Question

Number porting

• 13 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve transferred my old phone number onto this new contract (EE - ID mobile). While doing this it has cancelled my old contract and has swapped my number over. But I now have 2 numbers, I can receive calls from both numbers being dialled in but when I ring out it rings from my new number, also I can’t send text messages either they end up failing. I want to keep my old number still but need to get rid of my new number I was given from ID. Thanks in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Callum Monk,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly it’s worth trying a network reset. If that doesn’t work, please try the below:

If you are using an iPhone please ensure that the number is updated in the phone section along with Facetime and iMessage.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Also 

* Go to Settings > Phone > My Number.

* Replace the temporary number you find there with your own number. use +44 instead of the first 0.

* Then tap Save. 

If you have an android, please go to your settings and ensure that the number is updated under the my number section.

Kash