number transfered

• 5 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have started up a new contract with ID how do I keep my number from my old phone which is also ID network 

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot port or move a number from one iD Mobile account to another. If you want to keep your old number then you need to either:

1. Cancel the new contract and return the device under the cooling off period and upgrade via your existing account
  2. Port the number you want to keep to another network and port it back to the new iD Mobile  account. Be aware though, you will need to register for a new iD Mobile online account (you cannot use your existing one) to view bills etc. And, you cannot use your existing email address when setting up the new account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tash Trachonitis 

If you’ve been given a new number this will mean you’ve purchased a new, separate account, unfortunately it isn’t possible to move an existing iD Mobile number directly to another iD Mobile plan, however you may be able to try the above triangle port method suggested by @WelshPaul.

You may need to look into cancelling the new plan so that an upgrade can be made to the existing account. Let us know if you’d like us to get in contact so we can assist with this.

Tom

Hi @Tom, I have the same issue. How would I get into contact with you to assist with the triangle port method? Thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Tom, I have the same issue. How would I get into contact with you to assist with the triangle port method? Thanks!

Unfortunately @Lauraey, you’ll need to do this yourself. 

The steps for this method are:

1. Get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep.
  2. Give the PAC from iD to another service provider (e.g. for a giffgaff PAYG SIM card).
  3. Wait for the number transfer to be properly completed to the PAYG provider.
  4. Get a PAC for the number you want to keep from the PAYG provider.
  5. Give the PAC from step (4) to iD for the iD account you going to use with the number you want to keep.

Good luck @Lauraey.
🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lauraey 

The method of a triangle port isn’t something we can help with directly as it would involve taking a plan out with another network, I’d recommend following the steps above to process this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?