Solved

Old EE number transferred but still sending/receiving calls/texts from temporary iDMobile number

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

When setting up my new iPhone, I simply transferred all the data from the old phone to the new one using the automated process. At a certain point it asked if I wanted to transfer my existing number to an esim on the new phone. I pressed yes, but in retrospect I probably shouldn’t have done this.

I provide the PAC code to and yesterday had a text from iDMobile confirming my number has transferred, but I’m still sending/receiving calls and messages from the temporary iDMobile number.

Additionally, under Settings->Mobile Data, the temporary number is listed as my “primary” and my existing is listed as “secondary”. Similarly, the temporary number is now associated my my iCloud account. 

Can I just manually change the number in the settings?

I’ve tried contacting support, but they claim my details don’t match their records and therefore are unable to help.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Tom 14 February 2023, 13:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mistertaylor 

I’m sorry to hear this happened, we at iD Mobile don’t support eSIMs therefore this may have caused an issue here.

Have you tried the following to see if it helps?

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

Tom

Hi , I have recently transferred to IDmobile from Plusnet.

I was given interim number but this still shows although PAC etc went through OK..

I have a POCO X3 phone

Help please

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @cjt123,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly I would advise resetting your network settings.

Once you have done this please update the number in your phone and message settings.

If you have any issues you can contact the manufacturer for further information.

Kash

Thanks. It's also to do with using the interim number as well.

Can sort now.

Why iD Mobile?