Solved

Old number not transferred over

I signed up to ID mobile from EE. My PAC code was finally accepted but my number has not transferred? When does this happen? 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 April 2023, 10:08

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Everything you need to know is already covered on the iD Mobile website.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile

Thank you. I received an sms message saying my request to port the number had been received and I would be informed of the switch in due course…. but no time frame was given. Thought it would be immediate…. But that is clearly not the case. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You haven’t provided any of the important information such as the date and time of your port request submission. Open the link I posted above, scroll down and you will be able to work out when your port is scheduled to take place. 

Paul, you must think I’m an idiot. Which I am. A impatient Luddite. Thank you for your help. Let’s see if it ports tomorrow as the graph shows. Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @FScott 

Has everything gone well with your port? Let us know if you’ve had any issues.

Tom

Hi Tom,

No, It has not gone well. I still have not had my number ported over. It was due to happen last n Tuesday but still no sign of my old number being transferred? And impossible to talk to anyone about this? Any ideas of what I should do? I received a text saying it would happen but it has not. 

I received the sms message saying….. Hi FELIX, we've got your request to switch your mobile number to iD Mobile. Your switch will take place on the date you selected. You'll get a SMS from us once your switch is complete. For more info, visit idmobile.co.uk/switch

This was sent on Saturday when I supposedly switched my number. The timeline graph said it would happen on Tuesday. It has not .

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @FScott,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi, my number was meant to transfer on Monday and it is now Wednesday and not fully transferred. The messages are okay it’s just for calls, my number is still the one I got with the contract. Can someone please message me and speed this up. I go on holiday soon so need this sorting asap!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alana_leytham 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

I requested a transfer Monday sent over PAC and I'm still waiting.

This should have been done yesterday. 

I can't be contacted on my old number it's just dead and I need that number to be active.

Advise much appreciated please.

Thanks in advance 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I requested a transfer Monday sent over PAC and I'm still waiting.

This should have been done yesterday. 

I can't be contacted on my old number it's just dead and I need that number to be active.

Advise much appreciated please.

Thanks in advance 

Unfortunately, it sounds like something might’ve gone wrong with your number transfer @Sam Wils.

The quickest way of getting assistance is to use the online iD live chat service, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM.

The customer support team work until 8pm on weekdays.
🤞

Userlevel 1

I haven't tried online chat and I can't get access.

I need my number urgently. 

I'm beginning to regret my change over. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it’s urgent @Sam Wils, then probably best not to hang around in the iD Community, where iD staff only read user posts once a day, sometimes less frequently.

In my experience Facebook Messenger and Twitter DM are the most efficient ways of getting assistance from iD support. 
🤞

Userlevel 1

Well I'm having a nightmare.

Should have ported my number yesterday but didn't happen.

I manged to chat to someone today and 10 minutes later I got a message to say it was complete.

Sadly that's not the case,I can call mobiles and landlines but no one can call me.

I can text but it goes through as mobile number that ID gave me and I can't receive texts at all.

Very disappointed and wish I had never changed networks.

My friend was going down at the weekend to get the same tariff as me but she isn't now and don't blame her.

All I've got is be patient it takes a while for the port to be completed.

I ported this number before and had no service for 30 minutes.im now over 24 hours.

I've missed a consultant call today.

I couldn't do things at work as I have to enter pass codes for certain things so couldn't do them cause I couldn't get texts.

Not happy,not impressed at all.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound great @Sam Wils.

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset with the iD SIM card? 

The handset user guide should explain the procedure for doing this.
🤞 

Userlevel 1

I will try this thank you @andewhite I loosing patience tbh

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re still in the cooling off period of your new iD contract @Sam Wils, you still have time to cancel your ORDER, and leave your iD Mobile problems behind.

Userlevel 1

I only got the phone in Monday so 2 days in and its not exactly reassuring. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hopefully a NETWORK RESET will do the trick. 
🤞

Userlevel 1

Hopefully thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sam Wils 

Has the network reset helped?

Please let us know how you’re getting on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?