Solved

PAC Fraud - No Help From ID Mobile

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Received a text message saying that my SIM activation was in progress and then lost signal. Came as a bit of a surprise as I hadn’t changed SIM cards.

Straight onto the online chat and informed that my number was in use and had been calling my bank. Assured that the number had been blocked (I now know this wasn’t the case as it will still in use by scammers after the end of the chat message).

Advised to get a new sim card and swap it back and assured that the scammers wouldn’t be able to reverse this.

After completing this regained control of my phone number.

Next day another text message saying that my switch request had been received. Straight back on to online chat to be told that my concerns would be forwarded to the ‘technical team’ and they would get back to me with in 24 - 48 hours. Pointed out that this needed to be escalated urgently only to get the same response. Of course 3 hours later my number has been ported elsewhere with no intervention from ID mobile to prevent it.

On the online chat again to update to be told that the technical team hadn’t responded yet and would get back to me within 24 - 48 hours.

Quite frankly this timescale is completely useless when a customer is trying to prevent an ongoing fraud.

Better that that though, even though that timescale has passed no one had been in contact with me from ID Mobile. Looking at previous cases it seems the only way to get any response is to publicly complain on here. I could go back on the chat but have no confidence that anything will be done.

icon

Best answer by Lauren 23 March 2024, 12:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Arrrrrrgh, welcome to the community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. However, I’m sorry to hear that this instance of fraud hasn’t happened just once but multiple times.

This will need to be escalated. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?