Solved

Phone number hasn't swapped to old phone number

• 2 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

I’ve recently swapped to ID Mobile, and I’ve recieved my SIM 1 week later after swapping. Upon purchase, I have provided my PAC code, and swapping details to swap to my old phone number once I receive the new SIM. However, after putting the SIM into my phone a few hours ago today, it seems like it’s on the new phone number ID Mobile provided, instead of my old one.

To try rectify this, I made an ID mobile app account using their provided phone number, and tried to do the PAC swapping form again, but it’s now saying my details are invalid. Anyone have any idea? Much appreciated if so.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 June 2023, 18:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can only submit a PAC once @Pika
If you gave your PAC, to iD Mobile, at the point-of-purchase, it won’t work a second time.

I see, thank you for the prompt reply, do you know when I could expect to have my regular phone number again? I’ve seen from other places that it takes a day, but is that at the point of purchase (of which mine was a week ago), or at the point of activation of putting your sim card in?

To add, I currently have service from the ID mobile sim.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What transfer date did you give to iD Mobile at the point-of-sale @Pika

You’d normally get an SMS from your old and new service providers one working day before the transfer was scheduled to happen. 

Unfortunately, seems iD have ongoing technical issues with porting numbers, which is currently delaying some scheduled transfers.

Good luck @Pika.

If it was emailed to me then I’m unable to find it - if it was only a one-time viewing at the point of purchase then I’m unsure, is there a way I can view it again?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe ask iD using the online live chat, or perhaps contact iD privately using Facebook Messenger, or by Twitter DM (direct message).

Facebook and Twitter are better (in my experience) than live chat.
The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Pika have you been able to find out the port date or did you still need help with this?

Most likely it would have been 5th or 6th if you submitted it around the 2nd.

If you still need help, let us know here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?