Question

Pixel 7 camera glass issue - Google say my phone was blight in Italy?!

• 23 June 2023
  • 3 replies

(Typo on title should say Bought' . No option to correct it) 

Like hundred of other Google pixel owners I found my camera glass randomly shattered after 3 months of owning it. 

They said they would investigate it, but when trying to raise the case, said they could not as my phone was purchased in Italy. 

In a separate thread, I see another ID customer's warranty was rejected because ID Mobile is not an authorized dealer .

I bought it at Carphone warehouse in the UK. Why is my manufacturets warranty not being honoured, ID mobile?

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Google won’t fix your shattered camera glass under warranty regardless of place of purchase. Not only that, but your warranty is void anyway now because it has physical damage! If you pay Google to repair the phone, they may reinstate the warranty but the failure will likely reoccur again at some point. 

The latest replies on the Reddit thread about this is Google is replacing devices that have this issue. 

They agreed in my case, but when the support contact tried to action it, they got an error. 'You bought this phone in Italy' 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bunjit,

If your handset has any physical damage it wouldn’t be covered under the manufacturers warranty.

You can contact the manufacturer directly if you would like further information on the terms and conditions.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?