Question

Pixel 7 Pro upgrade - Phone trade in offer

• 25 October 2022
  • 65 replies

Userlevel 1

Good Evening,

Unfortunately this is another issue with the Trade-in promotion. I recently pre-ordered and upgraded to the Pixel 7 Pro. I then planned to trade in my existing phone a Samsung S20 5G. Other sites were offering around £200 for this, with ID Mobile/ Currys/ Carphone Warehouse Group only offering £160.

However as there was a special offer, when upgrading to the Pixel Pro 7, whereby if you trade in an exsisting phone you get an extra £150, I thought no brainer, I'll go with this trade in.

I sent my phone off in the provided packaging, however didn't receive any confirmation it had been received by Carphone Warehouse, luckily Royal Mail track and trace confirmed delivery. It states you should receive your money within 3-5 working days of reciept. It took me 7 days and that was with calling and trying to resolve the issue, as they hadn't confirmed reciept of my phone. I was passed from pillar to post and ended up being charged around £4 quid, in phone calls, on their helpline number for the privilege of trying to sort an issue of someone else's making.

At the time of writing this, I have still only received the £160, quoted for the trade in of my phone and not the extra money quoted in the trade in offer! I have sent emails regarding this to the trade in email address that is quoted, however I haven't had a reply, 36 hours later?

ID can you assist me with this painful process.

​​​

​​​​

65 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,I have now received the money due.

I emailed currys CEO here 

alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone.com

Calmly and rationally explained the situation, got a reply in a few hours, and the money in 3 working days.

It shouldn't have to work like this, but obviously with curry's it does! This saved me having to wait in phone queues and then talking to someone who doesn't have a clue what is going on.

I have fed back, that all they need to do is communicate and set expectations correctly, and it would save a lot of complaining and hassle!

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Still nothing and no communication at all. This is now 12 days since my initial trade in amount was paid. That wasn't straight forward either and took 10 days to get paid, instead of the advertised 3 to 5 working days. If I had gone to a different trade in company I could have got 200 for my phone instead of the 160 I was given. What convinced me to go with ID was the initial 150, with my upgrade. I wish I hadn't gone with this offer as it would be less hassle than this 

This is absolutely shocking customer service. I will never go with an offer with this group of companies again! 

If there is a delay or backlog then I fully understand, however what is shocking is the complete lack of communication/customer support. It shouldn't be down to me to continually chase the company for something that allegedly was to be automatically applied. I was given a number to call, which cost me around £4 for the pleasure and still it is not resolved.

Friends who have also recently upgraded with different companies, (O2) were paid everything from a similar offer within days and didn't have to chase anything at all. 

Userlevel 1

Had any luck with this yet? I am in the same boat. Took the offer within the time limit and sent my phone off.

I received the initial payment which was 10 less than they quoted me due to the amount of time they took processing it (even this was after I had emailed 3 times to ask if they had received my phone and getting no communication back) but never got the extra 150 as per the deal.

I tried contacting Currys through Facebook and explained the problem and they said they would ring back within two days..... I'm still holding my breath. 

Have you tried calling the trade in complaints department on 0370 111 6565 @BirKy

Thank you, this was the next step if I didn't get a call back today ☺️

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I am having the same problem too ,upgraded to Google Pixel 7 pro because of the trade in bonus , received my trade in value but still not hear from them about £150 trade in bonus. I have send emails and tried to get in touch but nothing yet .

@Mohammed could you please look into this and help us out.

Thanks.

Have you tried calling the trade in customer support number 0370 111 6565 @Yong

I haven't but thanks @andewhite  will give them a call tomorrow,but judging from other users experience I won't put much faith in it.

Userlevel 1

Sent an email to the CEO today like Iainmic did to see if I can get any answers.

Userlevel 1

The trade in money was transferred to me on the 25th of Oct. So 5 days is over and still not had it.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohammed  @Tom 

I'm still waiting for my additional £150 having received my initial trade-in amount on 02/11. Could you escalate please as you have done so for other.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matt6494,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Iainmic. I'll try the same and see if I can get this resolved. 

Userlevel 1

Yes Birky, I had already received the initial amount,this was the additional £150.

I hope you all complain to CEO,maybe if the numbers are high,it might actually get his attention.

Cheers

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am in exactly the same situation here,waiting on the additional £150 trade in.

Has anyone managed to actually claim this,and if so how?

I had found it hard to believe that carphone warehouse/Currys could act like this,but it seems to be their standard practice on all new big phone launches sadly.

Any help appreciated.

Iain

Just made an account purely to add to this thread. I haven’t received the trade-in amount nor the extra £150 despite doing everything that was required. I’ve called up CS plenty of times and keep constantly being told that it’s ‘being escalated’ but never hearing back, and emailed trade-in services several times without getting a reply. Not really sure where to go from here.

@Kash @Tom @Mohammed Would appreciate any insight/help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CBill 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Shock horror it is again 5 working days after they stated it would be 3-5 working days for my payment to be due and again nothing!

This is the 2nd time this was promised and I was assured the funds would be with me and again, nothing!

I will be telling everyone I know to stay away from this company and promotion. Horrendous customer service and clearly trying to make it difficult, so people don't claim or chase them for promotions that were offered, eligible and promised. 

Sort it out!!!

Userlevel 1

Nice one, gives me a little bit of confidence I might actually get the £150. 

Out of curiousity, what was in the email you sent? I will admit I'm not the best at complaining etc 

Userlevel 1

Had any luck with this yet? I am in the same boat. Took the offer within the time limit and sent my phone off.

I received the initial payment which was 10 less than they quoted me due to the amount of time they took processing it (even this was after I had emailed 3 times to ask if they had received my phone and getting no communication back) but never got the extra 150 as per the deal.

I tried contacting Currys through Facebook and explained the problem and they said they would ring back within two days..... I'm still holding my breath. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried calling the trade in complaints department on 0370 111 6565 @BirKy

Userlevel 1

Day 15.

Called customer services, they advised that they have received my phone but cannot confirm when the initial amount will be paid nor can they email confirmation that my phone is recieved. Asked for a team leader to speak to me and had to book a slot for Monday... Told again to ring back in 3-5 days…

The service is an absolute joke.

Exactly the same boat as many above. Pre-ordered for an enhanced £150 ontop of the £300 trade-in value for a pixel 6 pro (£450 total). A month down the line, I’ve only just received my box this morning after multiple calls and site visits… Essentially they can’t send a box out with you processing a second trade-in request, then they have to link your original order no. to the new one. 

I asked for confirmation that I would still receive the enhanced trade-in value and they said that they couldn’t promise that?!?! 

Is there anyway we can put together some joint claim against them, If I don’t get the money by next Thurs I’m going to refer to Ofcom. I’ll never use them again

Kind regards
Paul

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I am having the same problem too ,upgraded to Google Pixel 7 pro because of the trade in bonus , received my trade in value but still not hear from them about £150 trade in bonus. I have send emails and tried to get in touch but nothing yet .

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi 

Thanks.

Have you tried calling the trade in customer support number 0370 111 6565 @Yong

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alysonwood

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Matt6494,

Thanks for reassuring others 🤗

@Cheryl3318,

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dan Archer 

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 1

I'm still waiting got told 7 working days ago it would be paid within 3-5 working days. Guess what...it wasn't!

Complained again, apparently it will be again within 3-5 working days.

How can such a large company be so rubbish. Trying to entice people in and then taking us for mugs!

Why iD Mobile?