Question

poor coverage

Userlevel 1

Any one had problems with network coverage at Winthorpe - near skegness, never had an issue before but this weekend it was virtually none existent. Both for me & my mother we are both with ID. Thanks

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Check NETWORK COVERAGE data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne Vincent,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you manage to check this? Were there any issues in the area?

Let us know and we can assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

There should be coverage there but we'll see what happens the next time we go back. Thanks 😊

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There should be coverage there but we'll see what happens the next time we go back. Thanks 😊

Check network STATUS at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

This is not the same as network coverage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Joanne Vincent,

What’s the full postcode of the area you’re having problems?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi - its PE25 1JF - skegness water leisure park. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

Brilliant that explains alot - thank you for your help 👍

Userlevel 2

At 3UK, on ​​my postcode, this message has not changed for my wife for 2 years. )))

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Same here @BigDaddyUK 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

10 months and counting in my case @BigDaddyUK, @WelshPaul

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It renders the Network Status Checker pointless/useless!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I wonder if a subscription to mastdata.com would help?
Would you be able to corroborate any reported network issues against local planning application records, for mobile network mast infrastructure?
If there’s an LPA at your location, presumably it’s a new installation, or renewal/upgrade work, not a breakdown?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BigDaddyUK @WelshPaul & @andewhite 

We wouldn’t typically expect any outage to last longer than a few weeks, however there can be long term outages that it does take Three UK longer to resolve.

If you’ve been subject to an outage for a while I’d recommend getting in contact so we can see if our tech team have any updates on the outage.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @Tom, although I’m not sure ‘outage’ is the correct term.

I’m guessing the mobile network is ‘crippled’ in some way, while Three UK decommission their 3G network infrastructure, upgrade their 4G network, and deploy their 5G NR network infrastructure.

All this might takes weeks, or months even, in any given area.

Anyway, it’d be very interesting to know what the iD tech team can find out - thank you.

Why iD Mobile?