Question

poor signal

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Been with id one week and new s23 ultra 

Signal is 0 til 1 bar usually 0

My coverage on map says excellent at bt715au

Been on chat 4 days in a row each day they said would be sorted at 6pm that evening nope never happened 

Tried all the tricks sim in different phone 

Reset network settings all that 

Coming from sky mobile that had full bars of signal in my area for over 4 years this is useless and unusable can someone help 

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Conorcamel, the UK mobile networks use online coverage checkers that show the theoretical signal reception at a given location, not the actual signal.

O2 (the Sky Mobile network partner) and Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner) use different frequencies / parts of the radio spectrum allocated for UK mobile networks. Some providers have a better signal than others, at a given location, because they’re using different radio frequencies for their services.

Online, the https://mastdata.com website has real-world mobile network coverage information for many parts of the UK.

If the issue is just at home, have you tried using the iD Mobile WiFi Calling service? 
This allows you to call and text using your home Wi-Fi network, all from your iD plan allowances.

Alternatively, you could return your order item/s in your contract cooling off period.

Yes I think a return will be needed service is 0

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I think a return will be needed service is 0

Okay @Conorcamel, the following forum article might help if you decide to return in your cooling off period. 

Why iD Mobile?