Solved

Porting my number to Three from ID Mobile

• 4 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I ported my number from ID Mobile to Three. This was done on 03/08/2021. For a couple of hours, both sim cards had no signal at all. Then after, only the Three sim had signal. I assumed this meant the porting was completed. 

However, my number has not been ported over fully. I can make calls, send texts and use the data on my Three sim, but cannot receive any calls or texts.

I have checked the phone numbers on each sim card and it still says my old phone number is registered to the ID Mobile sim, however the ID Mobile sim card has no signal and will not let me call, text or use data.

I have reset my device and have tried the sim cards on a different phone, the problem still persists.

What should or can I do?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 4 August 2021, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You need to raise the issue with Three and not ID Mobile.

Thank you - I have raised the issue with Three and they have no reporting issues with the Three sim card and everything on their end was completed successfully (supposedly).

They tried to test the Three sim card with a text, but couldn’t as I could not receive the text. 

They got me to dial a phone number which reset some settings, however also did not work. 

They then advised me that the issue is with ID Mobile and have raised a report with them, but should be completed within 7 days.

Was hoping to get a quicker response/answer through the forum?

Kind regards,

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Three are fobbing you off. Only the gaining network can raise a split port request.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gary Docherty,

@WelshPaul is correct, when there is an issue regarding a port, only the network you’re moving to can escalate the situation. We would expect Three to have this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?