Solved

Porting number on a future date

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I added my PAC number at checkout to go live in October when my EE contract expires.

ID have generated a new number for me. Is this normal and will be old number be transferred on the date?

Additionally I've been promoted to set up a PIN in the app but I can't register for the app as I have to add my ID mobile number to receive an activation code. Is there a way around this?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 September 2023, 01:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

ID have generated a new number for me. Is this normal and will be old number be transferred on the date?

Yes, this is normal @FloJoDry
New iD customers get a new connection, which includes an new mobile number. 

Once your PAC has been processed, on the date requested, the number you wanted to keep will be transferred to iD and linked to the new iD SIM, which was supplied with your new connection.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your reply @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not a problem @FloJoDry

It’s worth noting that number transfers aren’t immediate on the date requested. When I switched my number to iD, it took several hours from the time my old provider’s SIM card became inactive, before the number I was keeping worked with my new iD SIM card.

Userlevel 1

Good to know! I'll be patient 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @FloJoDry 

A new, fresh number would be generated with all new iD Mobile plans, this is completely normal, porting your new number will happen between 8am and 10pm on the date given/selected.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?