Solved

porting problem

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi i have had my number ported over this week and i can make a receive calls using the ported number but not able to send or receive texts from that number. When i do send a text it comes up with the number that came with the contract I have spoken to two agents already that told me to go to curry's.

I have just spoken to curry's and they told me there is nothing they can do its a network problem and they told me to ring Carphone warehouse i done that and they told me the same thing.

I have now spoken to 3 or 4 agents and they all keep telling me there is nothing they can do and go to the curry's store even though its nothing to do with them.

I have tried turning phone on and off with sim card in and out was told to check the status in sim slot 1 its says phone number unknown but i am not able to add a number too it.

I then go into messages and settings and chat features and its says connected but its connected to the number that came with the contract not the ported one i am also unable to change that number.

I then sent a image in a email to them and got one back this morning saying they have been trying to contact me but have had nothing.

So i done a live chat 30mins ago and they tell me that's its a different problem to what i was talking about even though the email was about the same problem and had not idea what i was talking about .

Its now really starting to annoy me and wondering if i made the right move to id and considering leaving already its been days since i brought this up to them and still no closer to getting anything sorted.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 10 March 2022, 18:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @ricky.p,

People joining iD Mobile, then subsequently porting a number over to iD Mobile, quite often have a problem with their text messaging after doing this.

Very often this can be fixed by doing the following:

1. Turn OFF your phone.
  2. Remove iD SIM card
  3. Carefully clean SIM card contacts
  4. Wait at least 20 minutes
  5. Reinsert the SIM and power ON your phone

If the above fails then next options depend on whether you’ve got an iPhone or Android handset.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hello @ricky.p,

People joining iD Mobile, then subsequently porting a number over to iD Mobile, quite often have a problem with their text messaging after doing this.

Very often this can be fixed by doing the following:

1. Turn OFF your phone.
  2. Remove iD SIM card
  3. Carefully clean SIM card contacts
  4. Wait at least 20 minutes
  5. Reinsert the SIM and power ON your phone

If the above fails then next options depend on whether you’ve got an iPhone or Android handset.

Anyway, good luck.

Yeah i done that i have a android phone Motorola edge 20 if that helps

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ricky.p,

If you started using Messages by Google (with chat features turned ON), after you joined and with the number you didn’t want to keep, this might explain the issue.

For Android devices, I recommend reading the following online support topics by Google:

1. Chat features by Google FAQ article
  2. How to turn chat features off article

Anyway, hopefully this information helps - good luck.

Userlevel 1

Okay @ricky.p,

If you started using Messages by Google (with chat features turned ON), after you joined and with the number you didn’t want to keep, this might explain the issue.

For Android devices, I recommend reading the following online support topics by Google:

1. Chat features by Google FAQ article
  2. How to turn chat features off article

Anyway, hopefully this information helps - good luck.

It was to do with the chat feature the number was the one i didn't want i turned it off and restarted the phone and it asked to verify a number i put the ported number in and now its working you sir are a legend thank you where was you days ago when i had this problem lol.

Why iD Mobile?