Question

Press # to call the voicemail leaver back functionality has disappeared

• 15 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

The ID MOBILE Sim card is used in a mobile phone used by a charity which operates 3 days a week and therefore accumulates quite a few voicemails. For a long time, after listening to the voicemail message there was an option to press the # key and the mobile would ring the caller. I loved this because as a result of disability I've got very little hand function and cannot write down the numbers with a pad and pen.

So sometimes I've got to play back the message 3-4 times to catch the number and then to punch it out on a notepad on my computer which I can just about do using the laptop keypad.

Has that functionality been taken away ? Can I do something to get it back? Has anyone else still got it?

The mobile phone hardware has not changed nor has the sim

Cheers Sean

5 replies

I have the same issue. Been messaging their completely useless CS for two months. Best reply was an answer when I put the issue on Trust pilot. Got a reply but after another month their so called Tech department can not fix. I sent them a screen shot of their website that shows call back after one said no, another did not know what call back was and two just hung up.

In all its BS mess. I've ask for a refund but thats totally ignored. One reason i chose ID was for the call back which Idid not have with Plusnet. Another odd thing searching i found adverts that said on EE but mine says Three. When the contract ends I'm off back to full EE. More expensive but better service by far.

Good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NDIM2 

Unfortunately that functionality wouldn’t be available, sorry about this.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Benjamin Murphy 

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

Another odd thing searching i found adverts that said on EE but mine says Three

Could you let us know what you mean by this? No adverts from us should say we’re on EE, we rely on Three UK for our signal network but we are our own network.

Tom

Now into 4 months and still “investigating” sent their internet advert a number of times that say CALL BACK in their stock reply of “escalated to our tech dept”

Now will be taking it up with trading standards and report for miss selling.

After all this time they now suggest I move to another network!

As for the replies from Tom, well if he exists he needs some customer service training he talks BS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Benjamin Murphy 

Please could you share the internet advert and the link to it here?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?