Solved

problem with text from abroad

• 22 November 2023
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I bought new iPhone . Messages from abroad doesn’t come to my phone and this is very important for me because I have bank account abroad and can not login on new phone because I need text messages to confirm. Spoke with my bank they said the text message have been sent but I haven’t received. In fact I can not use my bank app on new phone . Also my phone doesn’t see my iMessage ( use email address not phone number) also FaceTime. Use apple help but unfortunately nothing works. The worst is missing messages. 

icon

Best answer by Tom 27 November 2023, 14:16

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Klaudia Bodnar sorry to hear this. 

Please check your calling features in the iD Mobile app or My Account online under 'My extras'. When you switch international and roaming on, you'll be able to use these features.

In regards to your other issue, please can you try the following and let us know how you get on?

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Userlevel 1

I done all this things . Also I reset my phone with all settings, iMessages still waiting for activation ( phone number) no idea what is wrong. Is it possible that my SIM card can be faulty? The problem with message from abroad also was on my previous phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I done all this things . Also I reset my phone with all settings, iMessages still waiting for activation ( phone number) no idea what is wrong. Is it possible that my SIM card can be faulty? The problem with message from abroad also was on my previous phone 

Yes @Klaudia Bodnar, a faulty iD SIM might cause an iMessage activation problem. 
Have you spoken to Apple about your iMessage issue? 

Userlevel 1

Different card is working normally, I have used all apple support 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Different card is working normally, I have used all apple support 

Are you swapping the SIM cards in your new iPhone, or are you using a dual-SIM setup @Klaudia Bodnar?

Userlevel 1

I have one SIM card which I used on my old phone . I put the same one to new phone and problem started . I used different SIM card from my friend phone and she put mine to yours phone , her SIM card works with iMessage straight but mine on her phone didn’t work with iMessage on her phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Klaudia Bodnar, have you tried the following steps: 

1. Put your iD SIM card into your old iPhone. 
  2. Make sure you're connected to the iD mobile data network.
  3. Tap Settings, then tap Messages. Turn off iMessage.
  4. Tap Settings, then tap FaceTime. Turn off FaceTime. 
  5. Turn OFF your old iPhone, and remove the iD SIM card.
  6. Return the iD SIM card to your new iPhone.

Userlevel 1

No . I didn’t… I will now and let know xx

Userlevel 1

I done like above . Problem with activating your SIM card on iMessage and face time … still not working . calls and messages from uk coming normally but my iPhone use my email in iMessage and not working with face time 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apple do advise activation can sometimes take 24-hours after you toggle iMessage ON. 
But, if the iD SIM card is faulty it won’t work. 

Is the correct mobile phone number displayed in Settings > Phone > My Number?

Userlevel 1

Yes phone number is correct +44 and rest phone number without zero. I activated new SIM card just in case but not working yet

Userlevel 1

There is mystake during activation, try again 😒

Userlevel 1

I spoke with iPhone customer service. Problem is on ID provider side . They told me to sent message to them number and doesn’t go through 🤬 sms are not configured !!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just curious, what number did Apple iPhone customer service ask you to SMS @Klaudia Bodnar

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Strange, that is not a UK short-code @Klaudia Bodnar - I would not expect an SMS sent from a UK mobile, to short-code 48369, to work.

Makes you wonder if Apple know what they’re doing.

There’s more about UK short codes online at https://www.short-codes.com/codes/browse.

I believe the number Apple use in the UK, to Send/Receive the iOS iMessage/Facetime activation SMS is: 07786205094 or +447786205094 (to avoid an international charge).

Can you send a random text to this number @Klaudia Bodnar?
Do you get any errors?

I’d recommend double-checking the region of your device is UK and the date & time are correct.

Userlevel 1

No error on that number. O2 network is working on pmt phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Klaudia Bodnar, now you’ve successfully sent test SMS message, to the Apple iOS iMessage/Facetime activation service, at +447786205094, what do Apple UK say?

Userlevel 1

I haven’t got an answer. Should I ring them ?

Userlevel 1

Oh is working now xx thank you so so much 

Userlevel 1

What do you think with message from abroad ? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are they using your UK number as +44 7 etc?

Do they have an allowance for sending an international SMS?

Userlevel 1

Yes because when I was in bt mobile everything was fine . I have change for ID and problem start but I already downloaded the bank app in my previous network provider and used it. I had app and changed provider for ID and using normally but now when I change a phone I am not able to have bank app because I am not receiving message to activated app… I am not able to change phone number because I need message code and sms doesn’t come to my phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Klaudia Bodnar 

Glad to see @andewhite could help you out here, thanks for the help.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?