Question

Problem with txt sending following PAC code transfer

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

I transferred my old number to a new phone with ID, using a PAC code. I cant seem to send txt messages.  I am not sure my number has transferred to my new iphone 14.  Can anyone help?

Rgds

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When you sign-in online at https://appleid.apple.com and look in the “Devices” section of your Apple account, do you see your mobile number registered to your iPhone 14 @SConway?

No - it is the not the number i transferred with PAC

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest trying a Network Reset on your iPhone 14 @SConway

I’m guessing you used the iPhone 14 with the iD SIM card before your number was transferred over to iD. 

It appears Apple haven’t registered that the number you wanted to keep has been transferred over to iD Mobile.

I have performed a Network Reset as instructed.  The number has not changed on my Apple account.  Now what?  rgds

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Guessing you’ve used your iPhone 14 with the iD SIM card, before your number was transferred over to iD @SConway?

Can you make and receive calls to/from the number you wanted keep with your iPhone 14?

Can you receive text messages to the number you wanted to keep with your iPhone 14?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SConway 

We’d recommend trying the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed and contacting Apple for further support if the incorrect number is showing on the Apple account itself.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?