Problems recieving OPT from bank

Userlevel 1

I have tried numerous times to login to my banking app and always get to the stage of a 6 digit code to come through via text. It has never come through and is very frustrating. I have contacted my bank and they seem to see no problem, they have said will be a carrier problem.

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a Network Reset on your handset @Ben Donaldson? 

Userlevel 1

Have just tried that thanks, my mobile number has changed on my settings but still no luck unfortunately! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you just ported your number to iD @Ben Donaldson - if yes, then it can sometimes take 24-48 hours for things to ‘settle’ down. Strange, but that’s iD for you. 

Userlevel 1

My number was ported over on Monday so i will wait till tomorrow. I have received other OTP for other bank accounts via text which is weird though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ben Donaldson, my OTP texts usually work okay, but this evening couldn’t receive any PayPal OTP messages, and earlier today had long delay before receiving Nectar OTP messages.

Sometimes, there are issues routing SMS messages, especially when they pass from a bank’s computer system via an SMS gateway to a mobile network.

Problem with SMS is that delivery is not guaranteed - normally it’s reliable, but not always so.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. I will try again tomorrow if not I will need to try other options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Donaldson 

Please let us know how you get on with these OTP codes, as @andewhite suggests it can take a couple of days for routing to be fully completed with OTP codes after a port but you should be all good soon.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have received them today, that has been 2 days since number was changed to my ported one. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

And I got my PayPal 2FA 6-digit codes today, over 24-hours after requesting them. Normally my PayPal login codes arrive within 1-minute.

Anyway, SMS delivery isn’t guaranteed, and sometimes things go wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ben Donaldson,

Hopefully the issue should be resolved now but if you require assistance in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?