Question

Proof of IMEI block for Insurance

• 23 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I recently had to block my SIM card due to having lost my phone. I am all set up with my new SIM card and you have provided proof of uage but seem unable to provide anything relating to the IMEI.

Please can someone advise how I go about getting this additional information?

This is what I am being asked to provide to the insurance company; 

A copy of a valid Proof of Barring for all lost / stolen claims 
o This document must show the handset make, model, gigabyte, IMEI number and the date and time of barring. 
o This can be obtained from your network provider

I’m stuck without this and desperately need some assistance.

Thanks 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Where did you get the handset from @timmsi1?

Proof of usage would only show the IMEI and some other information such as the time and date it was last used on the network. It would not show the make, model, colour or storage size of the device. Your proof of purchase should show all that information. 

So, provide your insurance company with proof of purchase and proof of usage. 

I had it on the Apple upgrade program, it’s an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Once Applecare ran out. I got a new phone, I let my son use it got an ID mobile SIM Only contract and I insured it separately.

You are right I have information from apple showing all this information but I can't prove it has been blocked.

Looking on this forum, I can see this is a common request and that someone from ID Mobile usually helps out.
@Tom, replied on the couple of other posts I have read.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps you can register the IMEI for the lost device with CheckMEND and Immobilise - apparently the later database is used by law enforcement agencies to return lost and stolen items to the owner. 

With Immobilise you can register the IMEI after the (lost or stolen) event. 

Citizens advice have an online article about this, which might be helpful in this situation.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/what-to-do-if-your-mobile-phone-is-lost-or-stolen/

Thanks for the suggestions but I need proof from ID mobile that the IMEI has been blocked. I think I need someone from the ID mobile tem to help me as the normal support live chat seem to be unable to assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @timmsi1 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I am in the same situation. iD Mobile have provided me with proof of sim barring and proof of usage but my insurance company are asking me to provide proof the emei number is also barred!?? Help! I’ve been waiting weeks now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lauraalice 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?