Question

Required ACCESS to Network - TECHNICAL SUPPORT issue

• 21 August 2023
  • 8 replies

ID mobile cannot connect me to their network. They send new SIM cards, activate those and same issue again. Network Unavailable. Sometimes it says you need to add money to your account to use service. I am on a monthly Contract - unlimited number of Calls and Texts. Cant make a single call. What am I paying for? I cant use the phone, I cant use the network.

Customer Support only send new SIM cards and active them. This lasts a day. I need FIRST LINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT to investigate the issue. Get my phone able to access the ID Network.  I want to speak to a human being who can check and see if their are Flags etc on my account. and then to remove them so that I am able to make calls.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There is no telephone support helpline at iD Mobile @Carol Matheson. 

However, you can speak to the iD complaints department, on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Carol Matheson 

Where does it say you need to add money to your account?

Does the issue extend to all areas or just one area?

What device are you using the SIM card in?

Tom

Hello. I try to make a call. Dial the number. Then a voice says you cannot make a call, you have used your limit.  Pay into your account to be able to make calls.  Something like that, not the exact words. 

Now its says you have reached your cap. Remove your cap? How? Looked in settings, logged onto my account, where do I remove the cap. Maybe that will then allow me to make calls. I am on an unlimited number of calls contract. Thanks for your suggestions. 

Oh you asked what phone. Its a Pixel 6a I think or a Pixel 6.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello. I try to make a call. Dial the number. Then a voice says you cannot make a call, you have used your limit.  Pay into your account to be able to make calls.  Something like that, not the exact words. 

Now its says you have reached your cap. Remove your cap? How? Looked in settings, logged onto my account, where do I remove the cap. Maybe that will then allow me to make calls. I am on an unlimited number of calls contract. Thanks for your suggestions. 

Hey @Carol Matheson, another forum user recently had a similar issue, which was resolved by adding 1p credit to their iD account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Carol Matheson 

Are you on a PAYG plan or pay monthly?

It may be worth trying the above linked article from @andewhite.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry but your answers are not helpful at all. I requested your help. I answer all your questions, thinking this may help you with your investigation but you do nothing and then ask if you were able to help?  Answer is -  No you did not help. You did Nothing. You have not done one thing to fix my issue. My issue requires you to find a solution. Do some investigating yourself, ask some other colleagues if they have any ideas what might help if you are unable to come up with anything from your working on the issue.

Its all very well to say look at the linked article by andewhite. Please send me the link to his/her article so that I can read the article. Send the link or copy and past the text here so that I can access it. Thanks. 

Maybe I will be able to advise you how you might try to fix my issue with my phone if I read the article? It appears that you have no idea how to find a  solution to the issue with my phone.  You suggest adding 1p to my account may fix it. Well I add pounds each month and every (I am on a contract) and that money added to my account has failed to fix the issue. So that may not be the solution.

Thanks,

Carol

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Carol Matheson,

We are very sorry that you feel this way.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?