Question

Return faulty phone?

• 6 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I upgraded from a SIM only plan to a Motorola RAZR 40 ultra in August. 

I have had multiple software issues and have had to factory rest my phone multiple time, I have now have microcracking under the display at the crease and I have had to take the phone back to carphonewarehouse to try and get it fixed. They have said it should be over 2 weeks before I have my phone back. 

I have lost confidence in the phone due to this, the software issues and the hinge getting loose after less than 4 months. 

Am I able to return the phone and go back to a SIM only deal at all? Is there anyway to achieve that as it seems to have a fault with the cracking of the display. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gingerfur 

Unfortunately we’d only be able to return a device purchased directly from us within the returns period, as this purchase was in August this has lapsed.

We also wouldn’t be able to return a device that has been physically damaged, we’d recommend speaking directly to Motorola or taking it to your local Currys store to have it sent off for repair.

Tom

It has been sent off for repair, which leaves me without the phone I am paying for each month. If it has broken after this short a time, not damaged by me but broken due to a flaw in the phone it is not going to last until the end of the contract is my concern 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gingerfur,

We are sorry to hear this.

We would advise contacting the manufacturer for further information on the quality of the handset.

Motorola offer 1 year warranty so as long as you don’t physically damage the handset you’ll be covered for any faults for the first year.

Kash

And what about the second year? 

You have sold a phone that has broken itself whilst having normal use in 5 months it is not going to last the full 24 months that you have sold me a contract for 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gingerfur 

I’m not sure what you mean by the second year, your chosen device has a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer, your contracted term and warranty length are not related in any way.

Tom

You have sold me a phone on a 2 year contract that is obviously not fit for purpose, there is an expectation that if you sell a phone on a two year contract the phone should last regardless of the manufacturers warranty 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gingerfur 

The manufacturers warranty is completely separate to that of your contract length, sorry.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?