Question

Returns Charges?

• 11 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I ordered a phone from Carphone Warehouse and had it delivered to my local Curry’s store. When I went to collect it I told them the screen was smaller than I thought so I wanted to upgrade.

However, because I had ordered it online they told me they could not cancel my existing order and it would have to be returned first. I asked them to do this for me but they said I had to accept the phone, take it away and call to get a returns label.

I felt this was ridiculous as I was already in store speaking with a Carphone Warehouse (Currys) sales person and they should be able to do this for me as I hadn’t even opened the package yet.

They were adamant that I had to take it away first. Reluctantly I accepted the phone and did as they asked and sent it back early the very next morning using their returns label.

Later I received a final bill for over £5 plus when I checked my bank account I noticed that they had taken 2 x £1 payments while I was in Currys without asking or even mentioning it.

I am very disappointed with the whole process and will advocate through Social Media that people avoid using Carphone Warehouse (Currys) at all costs.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sciado,

Welcome to the Community!

We would charge you for the number of days that the account was active even if the SIM wasn’t used.

In regards to the payments it sounds like the £1 payments that were taken were for verification purposes and should be refunded within 5 working days.

I hope that information helps.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?