Question

Roaming

• 17 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I’ve went through all of the advice for how to make my roaming work while abroad and none of it has worked. I don’t understand what else I am meant to do. I’m alone abroad so need data available, if someone could get back to me asap with how to fix this issue it would be appreciated.

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Whereabouts are you roaming @niamhmack.x?

Not all overseas destinations are included for roaming with your UK plan calls, texts, and data allowances - what advice have you followed @niamhmack.x?

If mobile data isn’t working, perhaps you could try connecting to Wi-Fi networks, while you’re getting your roaming mobile data fixed. 

I’m in Spain, which is supposed to be included in my roaming.

I’ve turned my phone off and on again. Turned my roaming off and on again in both my phone settings and on the id mobile app. I’ve tried connecting to the network manually. I’ve made sure that my network is under id mobile and then one of the providers for Spain. 

This is the advice provided on the help hub and I’ve used it all.

Luckily I can connect to hotel Wi-Fi for free but I really need this issue sorting asap.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @niamhmack.x, sometimes the APN settings aren’t set correctly when you’re roaming.

Below are the APN settings required for mobile data to work:

I don’t have an APN setting on my phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using an iPhone, or Android handset @niamhmack.x?

If you’ve got an iPhone, then unfortunately the procedure for setting the APN values is complicated and unreliable because iD have got issues with this settings option in iOS - as per the post by @Tom from iD Mobile: 

Yes I have a iPhone.

Can you let me know what I am supposed to do then??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I have a iPhone.

Can you let me know what I am supposed to do then??

The procedure that sometimes works in this situation is described in the following forum post: 

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/roaming-international-48/roaming-data-stopped-working-italy-55107?postid=145506#post145506
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @niamhmack.x 

It may be worth checking the above forum post, resetting your network settings or putting your SIM card in another device if possible.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?