Question

roaming

Hi just recently returned from the USA the whole time we were there my daughters phone (that’s in my name) did not work at all and she could not use her data when outside of WiFi area not sure if this is included in her data plan or not? We are due to go abroad again in the summer (Europe) and need to ensure we don’t have the same issue for reference she has the iPhone 13? Also any tips to ensure it as actually set up to use abroad as this was a new handset and it may also have contributed to the issue? Hopefully someone can help I tried to get on the id app and that is not working says I’m in a queue 🤷‍♀️

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Dbrough, inclusive roaming only applies to 50 EU destinations - USA is not included.

For roaming in the US, the iD account bill cap would need to be high enough to allow for any charges incurred while roaming in the US. If the account bill cap was £0, you’d only be able to receive SMS text messages.

This article explains how to ensure your handset is set-up for roaming use.

Ahh okay I see I thought it may not be included in the plan that’s okay i think I set to zero is there any way I can check that phone is set up for abroad usage though? So that there isn’t an issue when I travel to Europe this summer? Assume data/minutes is included in her plan? Thanks for Your help 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This forum article should help, @Dbrough

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dbrough,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that the article that @andewhite provided has helped.

If you have any issues whilst abroad you can get in touch here, Live Chat or Social Media.

Kash

Hi I am on a monthly pay as you go sim only which has 25g data allowance .

how do I check what my roaming limit is .?

I’ve found this statement for plans that started before 20th June 2023  ….

“Fair usage policy.

Our open data fair usage policy no longer applies, meaning customers who joined iD or upgraded on or before 20th June 2023 can use their full data allowance in our 50 free Roaming destinations without incurring a surcharge.”

I can’t see where my contract details are so I don’t know when it started but looking at my bills the contract started before June 23 - so am I correct in saying I can use my full 25g data allowance ( but assume I can’t include any rollover)

I must say the new app is awful - its main focus is on selling not supporting the user .eg  There’s no breakdown on data showing roaming usage . Compared to my wife’s Lebara app the new one is useless . It’s worse than the old beone . The developers should look at the Lebara app for comparison .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ian Davis 

If your plan began before 20/06/23, you’ll be able to use your full allowance while roaming in inclusive zones.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?