Question

roaming in tenerife

• 29 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I cannot use data in Tenerife. I have roaming on and the 3G symbol next to the signal bars just keeps flashing off and back on. I have tried resetting all data settings but does not work at all

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do your calls and texts work while you’re in Tenerife, @Charlie Watts

What handset are you using with your iD SIM in Tenerife? 

Calls and text yes. I’m using iPhone 13 mini

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There’s a good chance your iPhone hasn’t received the correct APN settings (for iD Mobile), from the iD roaming partner network in Tenerife, @Charlie Watts

With iOS 17+, there’s a config option “Settings > Mobile Service > Mobile Data Network”, where under MOBILE DATA, the value after APN should be “id” (lowercase). 

If this APN value isn’t “id”, your roaming mobile data won’t be available. To further complicate matters, the network profile iD Mobile provide for iPhone devices doesn’t allow the handset user to change their APN settings. 

Sometimes one of the following can help: 

1. Perform a NETWORK RESET (the procedure is explained in the iOS user guide).
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone, remove the SIM card, wait at least 1-hour, then insert the SIM card and power ON your handset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Charlie Watts,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that the information that @andewhite provided has helped.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

No I’ve tried everything, reset the phone, reset the network settings, taken the SIM card out etc. whenever data is on all I get is ‘3G’ flash off and on in the corner. Really disappointed as the reason I switched to ID was for roaming 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No I’ve tried everything, reset the phone, reset the network settings, taken the SIM card out etc. whenever data is on all I get is ‘3G’ flash off and on in the corner. Really disappointed as the reason I switched to ID was for roaming 

Have you checked the APN settings, @Charlie Watts

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Charlie Watts,

Are you able to test the SIM in a different handset to check if it’s working?

Just to confirm roaming is enabled on the handset and your iD Mobile account.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?