samsung 150 cashback

• 30 September 2022
  • 22 replies

How do I claim the 150 cashback for my galaxy s22 for trade in

22 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck with that @Alex Jevon.

Others forum members, like @Fleetwood and @Ginny123 thought they’d be getting £150, but in reality the cashback amount offered has been significantly lower.
🤞

Userlevel 1

How do I claim the 150 cashback for my galaxy s22 for trade in

I’ve had the basic amount for my phone paid into my account and been told by the ID Mobile Support team on here that they have raised a ticket to the team that generate the additional (promotional) payment with the team that should be paying it.  I’ll wait and see if it eventually gets paid.

It’s pretty poor on ID Mobile’s part that they can’t provide some sort of feedback on the process regarding the promotional payment as the lack of clarity and an initial offer and then payment of the basic amount without any update/mention of the promotional payment just leads to uncertainty and questions in this forum.

I don’t know about you but both myself and my wife only upgraded to the S22 because of the promotion and the thought/worry/stress caused by not knowing whether this would be honoured is extremely annoying and would be totally unnecessary with a little better communication without having to constantly chase for an answer.

Hope you have a better experience than me but the mere fact that you’ve raised it on here should prompt someone from ID Mobile Support to look at your issue at some point in the (probably distant) future.  My understanding is that they’re swamped with queries and that doesn’t surprise me at all.  Good luck😀

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Samsung online mobile shop had a £150 trade-in offer (any phone in any condition) - maybe the iD web sales team promoted this offer, for S22 handsets sold on the iD web site, even though it wouldn’t be possible to redeem the offer?

You do have to wonder… 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alex Jevon 

Have you already sent off your handset for trade-in and received the original amount quoted?

If there is any trade-in bonus related to your trade-in it is usually paid within 5 working days of receiving the handset funds.

Kash

I’m in exactly the same situation

Order made on 10Dec

Trade in phone (recycle so £0) received on Dec 22nd

T&C says you will pay within 3 working days, so you are now in breach of contract

Chat and phone nos says it is each other’s problem. email gets NO reply at all.

Other than contacting trading standards and the Currys CEO what is the correct approach?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Markbt52,

Sorry to hear you have not received your £150.00 trade-in promotion.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed  I'm currently in the same situation, I bought a Samsung s22 ultra, got my trade in payment but haven't received the £150 promotion payment, Re order: 436320926.

Would appreciate if you could look into this.

Thanks Mark Kelly

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mark Kelly,

No problem. I’ll send you a PM also.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.
Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Mohammed

I also am waiting for £150 for the trade in. The handset was received on 22nd December

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mike kilbee 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hello. I am also waiting for my 150 cashback. This was a real driver for me choosing to upgrade to S22 Ultra with ID. Phone was sent just after new year and tracking says it was received but 've heard nothing. How should i proceed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Smithtoons,

Sorry to hear you’ve not received it. We can get this chased with Carphone Warehouse’s trade-in Team.

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed Please can you also help me with the claim. Ordered in December 2022, Handset received early January 2023 - tracked by Royal Mail. No cashback yet. Handset was recycle so £0 itself but the £150 is what made me order through ID Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chintan.T 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Guys I've just received an message from ID to say that I purchased the phone out of the offer period. I purchased it on the 11/12/22. The offer was clearly on the website when purchased. However I can't see any reference to it now. So has anyone got anywhere with this as I feel it will need to be taken to trading standards. 

Does that or does that not say in black and white offer ends 31/01/2023. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rkijuk are you referring to the Disney+ offer?

This is an offer provided via Samsung so you’d need to makle the claim here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/boost/disneyplus/

Mohammed

No it's in reference to the £150 cashback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rkijuk,

Just to clarify, the offer above shows a trade-in promotion not cashback.

Can you clarify if you’re referring to this one?

Did you trade-in a handset and have you received the funds for this already just not the £150.00 bonus?

Mohammed

It's in reference to the trade in promotion. I traded in an old smart phone as was required. Yet after lots of back and forward with yourselves, this has still not been paid as stated in the offer. I can see from multiple messages others are in the same boat as myself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rkijuk,

I can see we are already speaking to you via PM regarding this and have escalated this.

If you have any further questions you can reply to us via PM and we’ll advise further.

Mohammed

To anyone that bumps into this in the future, I messaged above in regards to not receiving the £150 bonus with a £0 recycle handset.
The cash has now landed in my account - around 3 weeks or so after message above, so the team really does help in the end! Just have to be patient.

Thank you ID Mobile Community team -  appreciate all your help!

Regards

Chintan

Why iD Mobile?