Solved

Samsung A52 - WiFi calling

• 6 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I live in an area where 4g signal is pretty good, but when calling from my handset, the person I’m calling misses words etc.making calling frustrating, and I often have to call back from my landline.

I have turned on WiFi calling on the phone, but is there a way to make the phone default to using the WFi to call? I have TalkTalk Fibre, with 65Mbps, and a BT mesh network, so get a decemt signal all around the house.

I’ve read that you can turn on FLight Mode, then enable the wifi  - will this make the phone use the WiFi for calls?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 March 2023, 14:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve read that you can turn on FLight Mode, then enable the wifi  - will this make the phone use the WiFi for calls?

Thanks

Yes it will @simon3030

Userlevel 1

Thanks - so if Flight Mode on, and WiFi on, the phone will only call via WiFI? And if Flight Mode off, it will revert back to Mobile calling?

Sorry I need to confirm, but having been on a chat with Samsung Support, they are not vey helpful!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe so @simon3030 - my daughter’s A52 worked with the iD Wi-Fi Calling service when it was in Airplane Mode with its Wi-Fi ON. 

What happens when your phone is setup like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @simon3030,

As above, going into Flight Mode should force WiFi Calling as this normally kicks in only when the signal drops low enough and a strong enough WiFi signal is detected.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

OK, thanks all, this seems to have resolved my issues with my mobile calling at home. I’ve also started to use the built in app - Modes & Routines  - to automate the process...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @simon3030 

Glad to hear that your issues have been resolved, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?