Question

Says number transferred over on Tuesday but people are getting texts from the original sim card number

• 27 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

I request last Friday for my number to be changed on Tuesday 25th from my old contract to this new one. It is saying in the ID app my number has changed but people are saying they are receiving texts from me from a different number. Tried the whole change your number in settings and reset your phone- has not worked. Please help. 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What handset are you using @lauramc67

This can happen if you used the new iD SIM card with handset before you transferred the number you wanted keep over to iD Mobile. 

Often a NETWORK RESET will fix the issue - the procedure for this should be explained in your handset user guide @lauramc67.
🤞   

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, 

I request last Friday for my number to be changed on Tuesday 25th from my old contract to this new one. It is saying in the ID app my number has changed but people are saying they are receiving texts from me from a different number. Tried the whole change your number in settings and reset your phone- has not worked. Please help. 

Hey @lauramc67,

Are you using an iPhone or Android device?

Try a network reset as mentioned above and failing that let us know the above and I’ll try to advise further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?