Solved

sending text from wrong number

• 6 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Galaxy s23 ultra.  Not receiving texts to my number and when I send them it says it's from my new number.  I used a pac code and when I call it's all fine.  Help :) changed to SMS and not using Samsung messages also changed phone number in the message app and settings.  Happening for a week now.  Tried many things 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 October 2023, 22:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried these @Dclecturer

• Turning OFF “Chat features” in the Google Messages app?
  • Doing a NETWORK RESET? 

This can sometimes happen if you use iD SIM card with the initial mobile number iD allocated for your new connection, before you get the number you want to keep transferred to iD. The Google servers register your device as linked to the initial number for RCS messaging, and then appear to be unable to recognise the number linked to your device has changed. 

There is more about RCS online at https://support.google.com/messages/answer/7189714?hl=en.

The “Turn RCS chats on or off” section might help, especially the part where it mentions removing the SIM card.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Regarding your reply in @lizzie81’s topic: 

In Android, using the RCS messaging feature in Google Messages app can be very confusing if Google have registered the wrong mobile number for your handset @Dclecturer.

There is more about RCS online at https://support.google.com/messages/answer/7189714?hl=en.

The “Turn RCS chats on or off” section might help, especially the part where it mentions removing the SIM card. 

I suspect the issues you’re experiencing are because the iD SIM card, which came with your new handset, was used in the new handset before the number you wanted to keep was transferred to iD.

Userlevel 1

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head there :)  I did use the SIM before that, I'll take a look.  Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.  The phone and reception etc are great , this is the only thing I have wrong :) 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Dclecturer, from Google article referenced earlier, it seems you’ll need to turn OFF the “Chat features” option in Google Messages app for at least 14-days. 

According to aforementioned article Google’s very clever RCS servers might remember the ‘wrong’ number for your new Samsung device for 14-days. 

One thing worth a try might be: 

1. Turn OFF RCS chats (“Chat features”) in the Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF your handset and remove the SIM card.
  3. Check no fingerprints are visible on the SIM card, before re-inserting the SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dclecturer,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that @andewhite has got this resolved for you.

However if the issue isn’t resolved, please get back to us here and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?