Question

sim card

• 26 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I upgraded my monthly contract to increase data. I was expecting this to show up in my allowances but instead I was sent a new sim card. Do I need to do this

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes iD Mobile send a new INACTIVE SIM card with an upgrade @Mark Routledge.

It seems they do so just in case your existing iD SIM using doesn’t fit in device you plan to use with the upgraded plan.

If your existing iD SIM fits in the device you’re planning to use with the contract upgrade, don’t bother with the new SIM card. 

Userlevel 1

Hi  thanks for that. I have not up graded to a new phone though. Just getting a lot more data for a little extra money. When I have done this before it just seemed to upgrade on my phone. Do you know what I should do. If I put the new sim card in would I lose alot of information etc. Thanks again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi  thanks for that. I have not up graded to a new phone though. Just getting a lot more data for a little extra money. When I have done this before it just seemed to upgrade on my phone. Do you know what I should do. If I put the new sim card in would I lose a lot of information etc. Thanks again

If your existing iD SIM fits in the device you’re planning to use with your revised iD plan, don’t bother with the new SIM card.

Just do as you’ve done before - keep using your existing iD SIM card. 
The ‘new’ iD SIM card you’ve just received is INACTIVE, meaning to it won’t work in any phone until activated. 

Just wondering what information you’re storing on your iD SIM card there @Mark Routledge?

Userlevel 1

OK thanks. How long will it take for my new plan to come up on my account details. I did this upgrade two days ago. I don't really know what is stored on sim cards. Telephone numbers??? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OK thanks. How long will it take for my new plan to come up on my account details. I did this upgrade two days ago. I don't really know what is stored on sim cards. Telephone numbers??? 

The iD online systems sometimes seem to take ages to update after a plan change @Mark Routledge.

To know what’s going on, I’d suggest having a chat with a customer service agent using the online chat @Mark Routledge.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I'll wait a few more days. I have been looking for online chat options but always end up back at the Community support. I'll keep looking for online chat. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks. I'll wait a few more days. I have been looking for online chat options but always end up back at the Community support. I'll keep looking for online chat. 

You can start chatting with iD Mobile from https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

🤞

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I've managed to do that now

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mark Routledge,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?