Solved

SIM Card Not Working

• 13 February 2024
  • 6 replies

My number is porting today (13/2/24) and I was disconnected from my old provider since 930am. The new iD mobile sim has said NO SIM in 3 different handsets. If i ring my number I get the option to leave a voicemail (not my old voicemail message) so I assume that the number has ported across. LIVE Chat say they cant help until after 6pm which is conveniently when they close for the day! 

Before I get the usual check this and that etc.. I have turned the phone to airplane mode - that didn't work. Done 3 reboots and that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas or have i got a dodgy sim that needs to be replaced?

HELP! I need my phone for work as a hotspot!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 February 2024, 14:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That really sounds like your new iD SIM card is faulty or not activated, @Jo beckford

A replacement iD SIM card might solve the problem. 

The iD Live Chat customer service is available until 8pm on weekdays. You can also contact iD support privately via Facebook Messenger, or an X DM.

FYI, nothing happens quickly or urgently in the iD community, @Jo beckford

@andewhite Thank you! I am seriously regretting my decision to switch to these muppets! I was with 3 before my last provider and I (stupidly) forgot just how horrendous this network is. 

LIVE chat seemed to insinuate they would close at 6pm so I’ll be on the case if nothing is working by then. 

Can i just go to Currys and get a replacement sim or do i need to get it sent via Royal Mail? I can see me not having a phone this week at all at this rate! 🤬

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Jo beckford, Currys should be able to provide a replacement iD SIM card, which you’ll then need to activate online. 

This forum article may help in this situation.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Jo beckford, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues with your SIM card since joining us.

As kindly mentioned by @andewhite, it does seem that it could be a faulty SIM card. Therefore, you can collect one free of charge from any Currys store during opening hours, or we can have one posted out to you in 1-2 working days, the option would be yours.

Once you receive the new SIM, you can activate it via the link below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap

Once active, please place the new SIM in the phone, and then restart it in around an hours time from when you do so. If that doesn’t work, then please do get back in touch with us so we can investigate that further for you.

Thank you,

Tyler

How so I request a replacement sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SueLillywhite,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?