Solved

SIM Card not working (solved)

Userlevel 1

Had no problems with my SIM until I travel to Budapest this weekend on arrival my SIM was not recognised and now I am back home I still have the same issue 

icon

Best answer by ceJFerg75 23 January 2023, 16:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ceJFerg75,

Has this ever worked in the phone?

Try restarting and removing/reinserting the SIM.

Have you recently upgraded?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yes I have had the SIM years, picked up a new one from Currys all is now working

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear that!

I’ve marked your post as Most Helpful 😀

Mohammed

I’ve just returned from less than 2 weeks abroad, but I had purchased a local sim and disabled my ID mobile whilst I was out there.

On returning my ID mobile SIM is now not working when I re-enabled.

I’ve read on threads here that because my account is Monthly, there is a srong chance the SIM has been blocked. I don’t have a nearby Curry’s to just pop out and get a new SIM, yet alone want to keep the number I had anyway.

Is this the likely scenario, that the SIM has been blocked because it couldn’t communicate for 10 days or so?

It’s so annoying, as I returned home and couldn’t make contact to people from the airport.

Userlevel 3

I’ve just returned from less than 2 weeks abroad, but I had purchased a local sim and disabled my ID mobile whilst I was out there.

I’ve read on threads here that because my account is Monthly, there is a srong chance the SIM has been blocked. I don’t have a nearby Curry’s to just pop out and get a new SIM, yet alone want to keep the number I had anyway.

Is this the likely scenario, that the SIM has been blocked because it couldn’t communicate for 10 days or so?

It’s so annoying, as I returned home and couldn’t make contact to people from the airport.

Hey @darenscott, we’re sorry to hear you’ve had these issues. I can confirm that once a SIM card is deactivated, we are unable to re-activate it I’m afraid. Therefore, a replacement SIM card is needed.

I can see that you are unable to get to a Currys store to pick one up, and we completely understand that isn’t possible for everyone, and we have got another option. We can get a free replacement SIM card delivered to you via DPD if you’d like us too. If so, please let us know, and we can arrange that for you.

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Yes I have had the SIM years, picked up a new one from Currys all is now working

what phones do you guys have , as i have experienced the same , if it is different phone the issue is with ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mite Janev 

It’s very likely that with these separate issues they are for separate reasons, I see @ceJFerg75 mentions they picked up and activated a new SIM which fixed their issue, meaning the issue wasn’t the device in that case.

Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mite Janev 

It’s very likely that with these separate issues they are for separate reasons, I see @ceJFerg75 mentions they picked up and activated a new SIM which fixed their issue, meaning the issue wasn’t the device in that case.

Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Tom

i asked because i believe that once you disable the sim you cant enable it with ID
i experienced the same only fix was factory reset the phone or different sim , shouldnt be like that

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mite Janev,

A replacement SIM replaces the current SIM with a new one.

The old SIM can no longer be-reactivated again so can be discarded.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Mite Janev,

A replacement SIM replaces the current SIM with a new one.

The old SIM can no longer be-reactivated again so can be discarded.

Mohammed

what i ment is disable with the switch from within the phone , thats what most of us experienced not disabling it completely by activating a new sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mite Janev,

If a SIM is disabled a new SIM would be required.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?