Solved

SIM Problems

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Recently signed up with ID and ported across my previous number.  Bizarrely, some of my contacts are receiving calls and messages from my that show up as from the original, temporary ID number.  Have tried three times via Live Chat to resolve.  Have checked that my ported number is showing as attached to the SIM and rebooted.  It is only happening (so far) with a handful of contacts but is causing real probems as these people have replied to the temporary (now defunct) number, and of course I haven’t received the replies - this has caused major problems in some cases.

I am now being told that a new SIM card will be sent out but I remain unconvinced that this will resolve the issue - as I said, my ported number is showing as the number attached to the SIM and most contacts are working fine with this number.  Anyone else had these issues, and more importantly, do you know how to resolve?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 March 2023, 15:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What handset are you using @Sandra Herbert?

Have you tried the following: 

1. Turn OFF your phone.
  2. Remove the SIM card - check it isn’t broken, damaged, and no finger-prints on contacts.
  3. Wait at least 20-minutes, with your phone turned OFF.
  4. Assuming the SIM is okay, insert into your phone, and power ON.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @andewhite 

I’m using a Samsung A53 5G.  Tried all the above, though didn’t wait for 20 minutes.  I’ll give it another go and see what happens.  Just seems really odd that most contacts are working fine with the ported number and some aren’t.

Appreciate the help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The issue is linked to the “Chat features” option now available for RCS messaging in Android. 

Unfortunately, the live chat personnel appear to know very little about the scenarios that cause problems, following a number transfer. 

What Messages app are you using on your ‘new’ Samsung Galaxy A53 5G @Sandra Herbert

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

Apologies for delay - didn’t get a notification of your further message. 

I suspected it may be connected with ‘Chat features’. I’m using Samsung messages app.

Userlevel 1

PS I’ve turned off Chat features but it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue.  Have just now made the default message type Text or multimedia, rather than Chat (which had been selected).  Will see what that does.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sandra Herbert, I hope that works.

if you used your new Samsung handset before you switched your number to iD Mobile, the Samsung Messages app has registered your device with the number iD initially allocated to you. 

Why iD Mobile?