Question

sms or otp from bank

• 16 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi I’m not receiving calls or sms from my bank which is resulting in me not being able to gain access to my online banking

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Ben Nightingale, this can happen after switching to iD from another service provider. 

If this isn’t the case, you might’ve a problem with your iD account, or your iD SIM card could be damaged or faulty. 

However, forum members can’t look at your iD account, nor provide a replacement SIM card. 

Hi yes I’ve just switched from 3 mobile, really need to gain access to my banking app? Not sure what to do 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi yes I’ve just switched from 3 mobile, really need to gain access to my banking app? Not sure what to do 

Okay @Ben Nightingale, these type of issues are normally self-resolved within 24-48 hours of your number transfer completing.

I suspect the SMS network routing for your number changed after switching to iD (from Three), and SMS gateways used by banking systems sometimes take a while to recognise the changes.
🤞

It’s been like this for about a week now?🙁

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ben Nightingale, could be a problem with your iD account, or your iD SIM card might be damaged or faulty. 

The iD community isn’t real time live chat, and iD support usually only read user posts in this forum once a day. 

I’d recommend the online iD live chat service, or contacting iD using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM, for assistance. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Nightingale 

Is your bank the only company you’re not received one time password (OTP) texts from or are you having issues with multiple OTPs?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?