Question

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have been using Id for many years without a problem.

Just getting this message today.
Ring through to BA get through their menu system and into a queue.
About the time I think someone has picked up I get the message above and the call drops.

I tried several times with the same result and ended up using Skype to get through.

Any ideas how to sort it?

There are dozens of threads the same over many years and none of them seem to actually have a resolution or an explanation, just “We’ve changed something and this is no longer a problem”. Except that then other people raise it again.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alex Cheap,

Welcome to the Community!

Is the number that you called a chargeable number?

If it’s a chargeable number and you reached your cap amount whilst on the call you may have this issue.

If you confirm the number you called we can check it and PM you if required.

Kash

It was a chargeable number. BA Holidays. 
I have plenty of minutes on my account (124 out of 150) so I think this is a red herring.
It happened each time I called back, so if I had run out of credit that wouldn’t have worked.

0344 493 0787

By all means PM me if you have an actual answer. Please don’t bother me with wild speculation of every possible way that it might not be the fault of ID mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alex Cheap,

If it’s a chargeable number you’ll need to increase your cap instead as we would need to be able to charge you. 

You can find further information on billing caps HERE

Kash

Hi Kash,

You have not read my message, it’s not a charging problem. I have also read your replies to similar threads where you were equally unhelpful.

NB I rang the same number again the other day and it worked fine. So let me diagnose the problem for you. There was a temporary service fault the other day. A recurance of a problem ID has been having on and off for many years. That resulted in the problems I had. The failure to acknowledge this and just parrot the same rubbish is a great indication of the usefulness of this board. I will be deleting my account so I won’t be bothered with email alerts to read your replies which are a complete waste of time.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When posing questions / issues that you want help with, please give us as much information as possible in one post, rather than being very obtuse and / or drip feeding information over several posts. After all, it prevents misunderstandings, confusion and long delays, which in turn cause frustration.

Had you posted the following:

I have been using iD Mobile for many years without a problem but I’m experiencing the following issue today.

1. I ring BA and get through to their menu system and eventually I’m placed in a call queue.
  2. About the time (I think) someone picked up, I got the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” and the call dropped.

I tried several times with the same result and ended up using Skype to get through.

The BA number I am calling is: 0344 493 0787

My iD Mobile plan has an inclusive call allowance of 150 minutes a month and I currently have 124 minutes remaining.

My spend cap is set at: £0.00

Any ideas about how to sort it?

You might have had a better customer service experience. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I can confirm the call should have been free as 03 numbers are included in your inclusive minutes. Obviously, had you been in the queue for 151 minutes or more and you had your spending cap set at £0.00, then the call would have been terminated at that point and you would hear the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”.

However, the reason you experienced this today is likely because of a technical issue with iD Mobile’s billing system. Such complaints as you mentioned above in your post are common here.

Why iD Mobile?