Question

Still awaiting my number to be transferred to IDMobile

• 20 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

just wanted to check if anyone has had the same/similar experience to mine. 
I have requested to port my number from my previous provider, obtained the PAC code and submitted the form.

IDMobile says they are still waiting some file exchange that needs to be submitted by the previous provider. I have contacted them and they said that my number has already been ported out and there’s nothing else left on their side to do.

Basically I am now stuck between IDmobile and the previous provider telling me different things and I am not sure what to do.

I just need my old number to be ported in ID Mobile and that’s it!!

Has any of you experience any issues when porting out/in your old number?

Thanks! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jessica Brancato,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately File Exchange delays can take some time.

Our Back Office Team will need to check this out with the previous provider to get the number port pushed through.

We can only advise to wait but we can chase the team for updates.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Kash! I wonder how long they can take. Also I am able to use my existing mobile Number and can receive/make calls. So I am wondering what is left to do for the porting to happen seeing that my current number works fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jessica Brancato,

Are all services working fine with the correct number including making/receiving calls and texts?

If so it sounds like the number port may have completed.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes, I am able to make calls and receive them with the correct number. Although I am not able to register in the IDmobile app as the number is not recognised. So I called the customer service and they still say the port has not been completed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jessica Brancato 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Tom. I have just replied with the info. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jessica Brancato,

We’ll get back to you via PM as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Userlevel 1

All sorted, I received a SMS message with my port completed. Thanks all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jessica Brancato 

Glad to hear this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?