support with changing phone with ID

I have received a new phone from ID on a new contract. I was previously with ID, I did not realise I could not use the same number. I have used my old sim in my new phone. I have cancelled my old direct debit but have have a new direct debit set up.

I have exactly the same phone - I phone 11 but the monthly plan is cheaper than my old contract.

Originator Identification Number : [REDACTED]
Reference Number : [REDACTED]

please can you advise me on what to do. I need to keep my current number of [REDACTED] 

Thank you

Debbie Deacon

Lauren 1 year ago

Hi @Debbie Miller Deacon, just to let you know that we’ve removed all of the personal details listed in your post. We’d recommend not posting any account numbers, reference numbers or mobile numbers as these posts are open to the general public.

It sounds like an upgrade on your old iD account (with your personal number) needs to be processed. This is because iD mobile doesn’t support internal number ports. This is due to a PAC code being needed to process this, and these PAC codes can only be used to switch from one network provider than the other, not to another iD contract.

The best option would be to return your new contract, so that your previous plan can be upgraded, and so allow you to keep your existing mobile number. If you want to cancel off your old contract, and use the new number, you will need to get in contact with us to do this. This is because @andewhite is correct. Cancelling the direct debit doesn’t cancel the contract, and can negatively affect your credit score.

If you have any further questions, or need any extra help, feel free to ask. 

-Lauren

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Debbie Miller Deacon, this is a public forum that anyone with Internet access can read, and scammers do operate here looking for names and numbers to steal.

I recommend you remove your reference and mobile numbers from your post very quickly.

FYI, cancelling the direct debit for an iD account DOES NOT close and cancel that account - all you’ve done is stop the payment method, meaning the account could fall into arrears. If that happens your debt will be passed to a debt collection agency, and your credit file will be marked with missed payments against the iD Mobile account in question.

I’d suggest using the live chat service, at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, to put things right quickly.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Debbie Miller Deacon, just to let you know that we’ve removed all of the personal details listed in your post. We’d recommend not posting any account numbers, reference numbers or mobile numbers as these posts are open to the general public.

It sounds like an upgrade on your old iD account (with your personal number) needs to be processed. This is because iD mobile doesn’t support internal number ports. This is due to a PAC code being needed to process this, and these PAC codes can only be used to switch from one network provider than the other, not to another iD contract.

The best option would be to return your new contract, so that your previous plan can be upgraded, and so allow you to keep your existing mobile number. If you want to cancel off your old contract, and use the new number, you will need to get in contact with us to do this. This is because @andewhite is correct. Cancelling the direct debit doesn’t cancel the contract, and can negatively affect your credit score.

If you have any further questions, or need any extra help, feel free to ask. 

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?