Solved

Swap sim from iphone to ipad?

• 7 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve got a pay monthly sim with IDMobile which I have in a second iPhone. I’ve just ordered an ipad with cellular coverage - can I use this SIM card in my iPad instead? I know I can’t make voice calls etc but just for internet connectivity.

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by Tom 9 May 2023, 16:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Colin Hillier 

Unfortunately we don’t officially support usage of an iD Mobile SIM inside an iPad so we wouldn’t be able to confirm if it’d work.

You are however welcome to try it if you wish.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Seems to be working flawlessly. iMessage is great, surfing is fast, location services working, not a device for voice calls I understand. But for £15gb a month I’m very happy at the price. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the feedback on this @Colin Hillier, we’re glad to hear it! 😊

-Lauren

Damned annoying that you cannot use the iD app on the iPad.

There is no reason why they couldn’t make it work. But they insist on sending a code via SMS, which the iPad won’t receive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Frank Hollis,

We will also send the code to the iD Mobile number for security reasons.

Kash

So people who use an iPad Ned to use a different mobile company.

OK. So glad I chose a monthly contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Vodafone, SMARTY and a few other networks do the same thing. Easy to blame the network but Apple need to add support to their iPad line up.

Userlevel 1

Smarty actually asks for your email to send the code if you can’t receive calls due to your disability. This service is clearly aimed at phone users only so 4% of the population is excluded !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dig Bee 

We’d only recommend usage of our SIM cards inside our supported devices, usage in another device may see disruptions or more in how the services work.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom

Why iD Mobile?