Question

Switching day scheduled for tomorrow but no SIM card delivery.

• 10 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, help!

My switching day for moving my existing mobile number to ID Mobile is scheduled for tomorrow (March 11) but still no SIM card delivery!!

Emails from ID Mobile says that the SIM card has been dispatched (March 5) and that delivery courier will be in touch. However reading this forum, ID Mobile sent this Royal Mail 2nd class rather than a courier.

1. What happens on switching day when I have no new SIM card? Does switch happen so my current SIM card will stop working? (Not ideal to not have any mobile phone access, especially as I am paying for it)
  2. What can I do to get an ID Mobile SIM card to port my existing mobile phone number?
  3. I can’t even set up ID Mobile app as it depends on SIM card and being sent a code… help!

I simply want this sorted as quickly and as smoothly as possible.  Help! Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

All you can do is hope that your SIM arrives in the post tomorrow. Your port will go ahead regardless and if the iD Mobile SIM doesn’t arrive in the post tomorrow you will be without service. It is always best to wait until you have your new SIM before arranging a port for this very reason.

Thank you for your reply. Oh wow, novice here so didn’t know.

I will be hoping it arrives tomorrow.

if it doesn’t arrive, and my existing mobile number has ported to this missing SIM card… what can I do? The main thing for me is access to and keeping this existing mobile number. 🙏🏾

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If it doesn’t show up tomorrow, request a replacement SIM card. I wouldn’t mess around with replacement SIM cards until after the port is completed. You might cause issues with the porting process.

Quickest way to get a replacement SIM is picking one up at no cost from your local Curry’s store. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jc1234,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get a replacement SIM card?

If you still require one we can get one sent here in the post.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately still no SIM card arrived in today’s post . 

And my existing mobile number switch was scheduled for yesterday (11/3/24). 😵‍💫

Could a tracked redelivery be organised please? 

And how can we ensure my existing number gets safely ported to this new replacement SIM? Please help! 🙏🏾

Feel free to PM me to sort out, cheers.

ID Mobile - please help me 🙏🏾

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jc1234,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?