Solved

Switching from ID SIM only to ID Upgrade Monthly Contract - how to keep existing ID mobile number?

Hi there,

I have just received a new phone after applying for a ID pay monthly plan (24 month contract). I am currently a SIM only ID rolling contract. The new sim card is in the new phone but it is saying that it is still on the old plan and not the new one. I also want to transfer over my old number as I’ve had it since I have ever owned a phone!

I am reading lots about that this is not possible. So does that mean there is nothing I can do? I have to return the phone? I have undone packaging etc. is this possible? Also I presume I will be paying two contracts at the moment.

hope someone can shed some light?

thanks,

Amy

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 4 June 2021, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AMY GITTINS ,

Unfortunately transferring an iD number from one account to another iD Mobile account.

Have you checked if you are eligible for an upgrade? That way you can keep the number.

If you have taken out a new contract and wish to return this we can help you out with the return.

Please get back to us and we can get the process started via private message.

Kash

Hi Kash

Yes please I need to return it unless I can get an upgrade. But as I was on a SIM only deal before I didn't think I could get an upgrade. Thanks it would be good to get this sorted

Amy

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will have to return it regardless if you can upgrade your old account or not. 

To find out if you’re eligible for an upgrade on your old account simply login to your ID Mobile account and navigate click on My account > Check if I can upgrade

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @AMY GITTINS,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get the ball rolling on that return.

Will

Why iD Mobile?