Solved

Switching my number to ID Mobile sim

Hi there,

I recently got my ID mobile sim last Saturday, I submitted the request to keep my number and move it over to the ID mobile sim on the same day. The time frame states Tuesday 10pm would be the latest for the switch to be complete though the number hasn't moved over? 

icon

Best answer by Will 18 June 2021, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

How did you submit the porting request @Jords007?

Was it the form located here: https://switching.idmobile.co.uk

If so, did you get a “Request submitted successfully” message after hitting the submit button?

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for the response, yeah I got that exact screen. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Odd, you should have ported over yesterday then.

Have you tried re-submitting the request? If the original submission went through you should get an error message when submitting the same PAC a second time. 🤔

I myself filled in the form earlier today, and the number should port over tomorrow. I will let you know if it works for me! 😐

Yeah I tried to resubmit the request the day after on Wednesday and it said 'request successfully updated'. Ah I thought you was a customer service agent lol hopefully all goes well for you pal. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s not looking good for me so far either. 😳

The ID Mobile sim still shows the ID Mobile assigned temporary number’s CLI when making outbound calls and not the number that’s due to port over today. Normally the gaining provider updates their side early AM and outbound calls from the new sim show the ported number, inbound still route to the old sim at this point. Later in the day the losing provider does their bit and the port is complete.

So i’m not hopeful that the port will go ahead for me either!

Positive thoughts Paul 😂

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So my port in request wasn’t actioned either!

I submitted the request on16-06-2021 at 15.39.00. All the information I provided was correct (have screenshot) and I had the “Request submitted successfully” message after hitting that submit request button!

I have now submitted another request (same PAC and phone number) and now i’m told it will be ported over tomorrow:

I think that all requests submitted on this page just go into a list and each entry is manually actioned at the end of the day by an individual. I guess they have called in sick the past few days! 🤔

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jords007 

Did you manage to submit another number port request as suggested by @WelshPaul ?

-Mohsin

Hi there yeah I just submitted another request, and it says the same as last time 'request successfully updated'. I was never given a time frame when it would be done on any of my attempts either. This is the 3rd time now. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Don't use the porting request form located here.

(it’s either broken or just unreliable)

My services > Keep My Number

Now enter the number you want to port here and your PAC number.

My account now shows:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jords007 @WelshPaul 

If for any reason your number port does not work this time round, please let us know and we will send you a Private Message to look into this further. 

-Mohsin

Hi guys @WelshPaul @Mohsin

I've just done what you suggested Paul and I've been informed that everything should be a go tomorrow 😁 Much appreciated for the help to the both of you's👌 If the problem persists I'll reach out to you tomorrow Mohsin. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I received the following text earlier this evening:

We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but we ran into an issue - the ID mobile number, last name or transaction number you entered is incorrect. Please contact Customer Services www.idmobile.co.uk/contact-us.

I think it’s safe to ignore and i’m confident that the port will go ahead this time. 🤞

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @WelshPaul,

Did the port go through?

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jords007,

How is everything looking with your number port today?

Will

Why iD Mobile?