Question

switching to new plan

• 4 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi ID,

I tried to upgrade from an ID contract deal (£25 pm) which had come to an end, to an ID SIM only plan (£7 pm). I do not want to lose my existing number and I do not want two accounts. However, when the welcome email arrived for the new plan, it gave me a new phone number and new account number. Have I now got two plans going now instead of the one for £7 pm which I want? I’d very much appreciate some help with how to keep my existing phone number and how to ensure I just have the one account that I’m paying for. 

Thank you! 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Marion Harrald, you could cancel the new plan if you’re still in the cooling off period.

Once you’ve cancelled the new plan, try doing the upgrade on your £25 iD contract when you’ve signed-in to your “My iD Account” online - that will stop your £25 plan, and begin a new iD contract with the number you want to keep.

Alternatively, you can do what iD call a triangle-port, which involves:

1. Get a PAC for the iD number you want to keep.
  2. Give the PAC from 1) to a PAYG service provider (e.g. giffgaff).
  3. Wait until the number you want to keep is working properly with the new PAYG provider.
  4. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider, for the number you want to keep.
  5. Give the PAC from 4) to iD for the iD account you want to keep using.

Then you’ll have a single iD account, which should be using the number you wanted to keep.
Good luck @Marion Harrald.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marion Harrald 

If you’ve been given a new number this will mean you’ve purchased a new, separate account, unfortunately it isn’t possible to move an existing iD Mobile number directly to another iD Mobile plan, however you may be able to try the above triangle port method suggested by @andewhite.

You may need to look into cancelling the new plan so that an upgrade can be made to the existing account. Let us know if you’d like us to get in contact so we can assist with this.

Tom

Thank you both, I think that’s exactly what happened. 

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Marion Harrald,

If you require further assistance you can get back to us here and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?