Solved

text messages keep failing to deliver

• 26 January 2021
  • 12 replies

I have an iPhone 12 and transferred my number over to my new sim from EE which works fine, however my ‘unlimited texts’ are failing to send? I have tried all the suggestions on how to solve this through the community but nothing seems to have worked? 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 28 January 2021, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @Justmegxn 

Are you receiving texts ok?

Have you noticed if this just seems to be iMessage texts you’re having a problem with?

If so, your iPhone might be reporting the wrong number in it’s settings (since the port).

The following could be the answer here:

Turn off the phone > Take out your SIM
Turn the phone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a few minutes or so.
Turn off the phone >  Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the phone 
Turn back on.

Or...

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know how you get on.

I have a Samsung A51. I used Samsung texts ok and then suddenly stopped sending but ok receiving.

I changed to Google text and worked fine but now receives but won't send. Signal very good. Any suggestions please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jan19 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tries restarting your handset since the issue started to see if this helps? Also, please can you try resetting thenetwork settings. You can do this by going into settings > About phone > reset > reset network settings.

-Mohsin

Will I lose everything else if I do this?

Also yes I have restarted it a few times.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jan19,

You won’t lose anything. It just reestablishes the connection to your local masts. Have you managed to give that a go yet.

Will

Ok tried reset but still can't send. Repair shop say it is an ID mobile network problem. How do I speak to someone?????

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jan19 

You mentioned earlier, you switched from using the Samsung texts to Google, please can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network Team here is the best place to investigate this. We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

I have tested the Live Chat app just now and can confirm I was able to get through to an advisor. Once you entered your name, mobile number, and reason for the chat, you will be transferred to the iD chatbot, at this point just type in the word ‘Agent’ or ‘Human’ and you will get put through to an advisor who can assist you. 

-Mohsin

I pay for unlimited texts, calls and 10GB of data but my text messages won’t deliver. My calls and data work perfectly fine though. What do I do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Courtney Davis 

Do you have an iPhone? If so, please can you try the following:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

-Mohsin

I attempted a group text which failed to deliver and since then no text messages will go out. They stay at the status pending.

I have a Huawei that I've been using for 2 years - haven't changed providers or SIM and my account shows I have a full allowance of text messages to use.

Can you provide solutions please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Monisola,

It sounds as though there might be something blocking the phone from sending out the texts since trying the group message. Are you able to turn the phone off and on to see if this helps?

Please check your text message history and delete any conversations/texts that might have a ‘stuck’ SMS too.

Also, do you have access to another phone to test your SIM card inside of so we can establish where the fault may lie?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?