Solved

Three broadband roter

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been using a ID sim in a Three broadband router for some months and it has worked fine. Yesterday it stopped working and the network red light was on. I tried the sim in my phone and it worked fine and the iD sim from the phone gave the same red light on the router. I have obtained another router and I am getting the same result- red light no internet. I don’t use a lot of data and I am at a loss as to what has happened? I understand that ID don’t actually do data/ broadband but I don’t see why it would stop working and as I said it’s worked great for months. Can anyone help before I have to find an alternative.Thanks.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 20 July 2023, 10:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps your router got an automatic firmware update, which has had unintended consequences @Andyo15

Unfortunately, iD Mobile only officially support use of their SIM cards in mobile phones, which means it might be quicker to find an alternative - if you need working mobile broadband.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You should post about your issue here @Andyo15:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/forums/mobile-broadband-and-fixed-wireless.106/

There are some very knowledgeable people there about mobile broadband hardware. 👍

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite and WelshPaul for answering. I did wonder if there had been an update to the router or sim. Worked out ok I think as I have a Three prepaid sim coming with 80gb which works out at around £4 a month until July 2025 so I will cancel the ID one and i know that the new one will work. Nuisance but it has inadvertently saved me quite a bit!

Why iD Mobile?