travelling to USA

• 17 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I see that ID mobile doesn’t included America my question is if I’m logged on to wifi in a hotel etc can I use my phone and upload photos and not be charged 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re using the Wi-Fi network in the hotel, and not a mobile data connection, you wouldn’t be charged @Nettie2012 (assuming hotel Wi-Fi is free to use).

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nettie2012 

Wi-Fi wouldn’t charge you as Wi-Fi isn’t a service provided by us, usage of your mobile data, texts and calls while roaming in the US would charge.

I’d recommend logging into the iD Mobile app/website and ensuring your bill cap is set to an amount you are comfortable with.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you I can FaceTime through WhatsApp if my cap is set to 0 and I’m on a wifi in the park or at the hotel ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you I can FaceTime through WhatsApp if my cap is set to 0 and I’m on a wifi in the park or at the hotel ?

Okay @Nettie2012, with a £0 bill cap and then using Wi-Fi in the park or at the hotel, you should be able to video call using WhatsApp, or FaceTime (on an iPhone).

Userlevel 1

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nettie2012 

Yes, Wi-Fi is completely separate of your iD Mobile plan and will be usable with your bill cap at £0.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?