Question

Trying to cancel contract but ID Advisor still not told DPD

• 4 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I am very unhappy with service from ID and unhappy with the service from live chat. 

DPD have said my address does not exist on their system as they cannot make delivery to me of the iphone and SIM card I ordered with ID. They told me they cannot change my delivery address and cannot cancel my order as it has to go through the Currys dashboard. I spoke to several ID Advisors that all gave different information. Some of the conflicting info I received was: 

One Advisor said cannot change address through ID without cancelling whole order. They said would ask Currys to cancel order, go to Currys to get blank SIM and when you get phone back at warehouse you will port my number to pay as you go contract, cancel everything and get refund of fees. 

Another said the above Advisor was not correct and to ask DPD if they can change the delivery address. Went to DPD they still said cannot cancel or change delivery address. 

Went back to ID advisor this one said 1st Advisor was correct and they told me they would send email to cancel mu order and ask dpd to return everything and for me to get blank SIM from Currys so it can be ported over and cancelled. 

Went to Currys they weren't sure if Advisor was correct but gave me a blank sim anyway and said they did not have permission to cancel my order as it was made online. 

Went back to an ID Advisor that said cancellation email had been sent by their Colleague and it would get cancelled when back at warehouse. They said would send another email asking to cancel just in case. 

Asked another ID Advisor they assured me cancellation request had been sent to dpd. 

DPD said still no cancellation request received. 

Two days ago went back to ID Advisor they apologised and said they would now send cancellation email and it would be received by dpd. Dpd said still not had any requests to cancel and that they cannot return it without you cancelling. 

I am trying to cancel within the 14 days of ordering but your Advisors are still not asking dpd to cancel. I ordered a week and a half ago and still not got the delivery and now really want it cancelled.Please please cancel my order and get dpd to return it and give me my refund! I can't take anymore of being told it would be done and it hasn't! I really feel let down.  Please can you confirm the cancellation has actually been done and ask dpd to return it ASAP? This has been going on  over a week and a half. It isn't my fault that dpd cannot recognise my postcode as new build so cannot get the parcel but the customer service in not cancelling my order is making me definitely not making me happy. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Unhappy with you 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?