Solved

Twitter verification code error

• 15 December 2022
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been using 2-factor authentication for my twitter account for a long time and it was working fine. A few days ago I couldn’t log onto my account as verification code was not being texted to my phone. I am now receiving this message

“Error.

We cannot send a text message to this phone number because its operator is not supported.”

Has anyone faced this problem before? How can I address this? With many thanks 

Munya

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 16 December 2022, 12:13

View original

21 replies

I have been using 2-factor authentication for my twitter account for a long time and it was working fine. A few days ago I couldn’t log onto my account as verification code was not being texted to my phone. I am now receiving this message

“Error.

We cannot send a text message to this phone number because its operator is not supported.”

Has anyone faced this problem before? How can I address this? With many thanks 

Munya

Hi MunyaD,

I’m facing the same issue right now, idk what’s is going on with twitter but I hope they fix this issue asap.

I’m facing the same problem, idk what to do but I hope they fix it quickly

I’m also facing same issue. Hope twitter fix this asap if there are any engineer left :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey All, 

Happy Friday! 

I had a quick search, and thankfully it’s not an issue on iD’s end, so hopefully Twitter will get it resolved shortly - seems to be effecting quite a few users. 

Fingers crossed Elon will get it resolved soon! 😊

Nikhil

happened to me too, hopefully it’ll be fixed

man… hope they fix this

Am also facing this problem from morning

I am stuck with it too, 4 days now I can't assess my Twitter Ng, someone to reach out to musk

I too cannot login with the same error. 
Web and app are facing this issue. 

Userlevel 1

I am facing the same issue.. 

I also cannot login into my twitter account since yesterday.

Many Twitter users have complained about the two-factor authentication feature. These people are having trouble entering back into their Twitter accounts after logging out.

Twitter user recently made a post about having trouble entering back into his account after signing out.

Try this solution might help.. Cannot login to twitter.. Try this instead

I have been having this issue all week, having logged out of Twitter last weekend, I cannot get back in. Any ideas (also could it be linked to the new 16.2 iOS update which seems to have messed up various things on my phone- I’m ignorant to all this!)? Thanks for your help. 

TURN OFF 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION, ON MOB THEN TRY AGAIN ON DESKTOPP, I DONE THAT AND IT WORKED 

has anyone pass this problem? I’ve send email to twitter but hasn’t replied and I’m nervous if I can’t get my twitter account back T^T

Same kinodust. 

I am facing the same problem in India for last 3 days. 

Userlevel 1

It is reassuring (though frustrating) that I am not the only one facing this problem. Thank you all for the suggestions. I've reported the issue to twitter a few days ago but they haven't responded yet. Fingers crossed as I use my account for research purposes!

Userlevel 1

I am facing the same issue.. 

I also cannot login into my twitter account since yesterday.

Many Twitter users have complained about the two-factor authentication feature. These people are having trouble entering back into their Twitter accounts after logging out.

Twitter user recently made a post about having trouble entering back into his account after signing out.

Try this solution might help.. Cannot login to twitter.. Try this instead

Thanks Anu. Nothing has worked so far and unfortunately I don't have access to the account to disable 2 factor authentication. I have reported the issue to twitter and hope Elon will respond 🤣

Userlevel 1

TURN OFF 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION, ON MOB THEN TRY AGAIN ON DESKTOPP, I DONE THAT AND IT WORKED 

Thanks Faraz. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't work if one is locked out of the account on all devices. 

I contacted Twitter regarding this around 4/5 days ago. I have had no response as of yet. Still cannot login to my account. Guys it might be worth creating a temporary account and tweeting @TwitterSupport

Hi guys,

I found this thread after searching google as I got locked out of my account on all devices. I was able to recover my account so I want to help everyone out who is facing the same problem.

I contacted twitter support and submitted a form. Now, it took them 4 days to reply back so you have to be patient. When they finally responded, they asked me to log in on a desktop or mobile web browser so that they can receive a notification on their end to verify it was me, to turn off the 2FA. Then, they turned 2FA off and I was able to log into my account again.

Hope this helps!

I’m experiencing the same issue. Have tried contacting Twitter support via email and on Twitter (through a new account I set up) but no response! If anyone gets through please tell them there are a number of users facing similar problems! 

Why iD Mobile?