Solved

two numbers, one for calls and one for sms, why?

• 13 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently ported by number accross to ID mobile. This appeared to go smoothly but it later transpired that SMS messages are going from the number supplied with the SIM but calls are going from the correct number I ported accross from my old provider. ID mobile online chat support were useless and advised I call into Curry's who looked at me like I was stupid and advised that its nothing they can help with. Curry's did give me a number to call 449036946912 which I did but hung up immediately when it advised that it was a premium rate number. I have been billed £6.45 for this call which lasted a second. This is extortion and customer service and support is an utter joke. Does anyone know how I can resolve the two numbers issue and claim back my £6.45? Any help or advice gratefully appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by awn92 14 March 2023, 11:02

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is a fairly common problem when people port their number over to iD Mobile.

What handset are you using @Richie Butcher?
Apple or Android?

Userlevel 1

It's a Samsung s20fe on android. Interesting that you say it's fairly co.mon because the online support didn't have a clue about it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re using Google Messages app, I’d recommend turning off the “Chat features” option.

Otherwise, switch to using the Samsung Messages app, also with the “Chat features” option turned off.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Richie Butcher, community member @awn92 had a similar issue, which they solved.
See their topic at:

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the mention @andewhite -yes, the answer @Richie Butcher is this-

"

Just an update, I've found an answer that absolutely worked in my case (so would if anyone else has experienced this). There is a really simple solution, that I found on another forum (the Samsung one). 

Simple steps to fix:

1. Downloading another messaging app (e.g. Google Messages), and setting that as default messaging app (don't worry, temporarily).

2. Send a text to a family member or friend as a test. I'm not sure if you need to wait for a response to it in this step, but I did that anyway…

3. When I received a response, I opened my Samsung Messages app and set it as default again, and text a relative again to test. It was now sending off of the old number (that I requested to keep, via PAC code).

In other words, these simple steps fix it. I-

4. uninstalled the google messages app after this, as I did not really want to use it on my phone (I'm used to using the generic Samsung messages one now).

This fix **does** fix the problem! Or at least, it did for me.i was even able to have the chat features option turned back on, and I didn't need to keep default message type as text or multimedia any more. I am able to have it back on as chat. The number still remains the old one. This is definitely the fix!

Very peculiar having to do this. But it works!!"

Userlevel 1

If you’re using Google Messages app, I’d recommend turning off the “Chat features” option.

Otherwise, switch to using the Samsung Messages app, also with the “Chat features” option turned off.

Tried all of those options too, but thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the mention @andewhite -yes, the answer @Richie Butcher is this-

"

Just an update, I've found an answer that absolutely worked in my case (so would if anyone else has experienced this). There is a really simple solution, that I found on another forum (the Samsung one). 

Simple steps to fix:

1. Downloading another messaging app (e.g. Google Messages), and setting that as default messaging app (don't worry, temporarily).

2. Send a text to a family member or friend as a test. I'm not sure if you need to wait for a response to it in this step, but I did that anyway…

3. When I received a response, I opened my Samsung Messages app and set it as default again, and text a relative again to test. It was now sending off of the old number (that I requested to keep, via PAC code).

4. uninstalled the google messages app after this, as I did not really want to use it on my phone (I'm used to using the generic Samsung messages one now).

This fix **does** fix the problem! Or at least, it did for me.i was even able to have the chat features option turned back on, and I didn't need to keep default message type as text or multimedia any more. I am able to have it back on as chat. The number still remains the old one. This is definitely the fix!

@awn92 thank you for providing the answer that worked when 2 ID Mobile online (not much) help desk people failed. Sadly, I marked the wrong answer correct and now I cannot un mark it and bestow the accolade on you. I do thank you must sincerely, you are an utter star 🌟 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Richie Butcher,

I’ve marked the correct one for you as this can only be unmarked by an Admin/Moderator.

@awn92 thanks for sharing that and glad to hear this fixed the issue.

On a side note, turning OFF Chat Features and back ON does usually fix this.

The issue isn’t caused by a network one but the number that’s being used via the Chat Features.

In-fact, keeping it off entirely would fix the issue also since messages send via the network and not WiFi.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the mention @andewhite -yes, the answer @Richie Butcher is this-

"

Simple steps to fix:

@awn92 thank you for providing the answer that worked when 2 ID Mobile online (not much) help desk people failed. Sadly, I marked the wrong answer correct and now I cannot un mark it and bestow the accolade on you. I do thank you must sincerely, you are an utter star 🌟 

No worries, I guess it's one of those very "abstract" / lesser-occurring issues, so it's not quite well known about... I found the answer somewhere else I think, but it took *absolutely ages* looking for it...! (think it took me about a good couple of days looking).. Glad it's sorted for you now! Hope it helps others too 

Why iD Mobile?