Solved

Unable to activate SIM on new contract

• 7 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have recently signed up to a 24month contract via Carphone Warehouse which includes a new phone.

The new phone and IDMobile SIM card were delivered last week, however on inserting the SIM card it does not register any network. I have tried all the steps mentioned in previous posts including restarting the phone, cleaning the SIM etc and the connectivity in this area is good.

On signing up to the contract I received a document from Carphone Warehouse/IDMobile outlining the contract terms, but I have not received any email from IDMobile showing a mobile number or QR code to enable me to activate the SIM. 

I am unable to register for the IDMobile account as I do not know the phone number and obviously when I try calling from the phone it simply says ‘not registered on network’.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 September 2022, 11:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @RobynJones, sounds like you’ve received a faulty SIM card - does it work in another handset?

You’ll probably need a replacement, which will cost £5 in-store from Carphone Warehouse (or Currys).

If you don’t mind waiting a little longer, I suggest sending a private message to the iD social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message), asking for a replacement SIM.

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

There’s more about this topic online in the iD “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” FAQ article at https://community.idmobile.co.uk/replacement-sim-cards-147/how-do-i-get-a-replacement-sim-card-45097

Good luck. 
🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’ll follow your advice and hope it gets sorted!

Thanks again👍

Userlevel 1

Just an update in case anyone with a similar issue comes across this post…

On enquiring with Carphone Warehouse it seems that upon collecting my phone and SIM card they hadn’t closed the transaction on their computer system, meaning the SIM remained inactive. Nobody seemed to have picked up on this but the staff were helpful and managed to correct the error and the SIM was activated within a couple of hours. 

Robyn

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just an update in case anyone with a similar issue comes across this post…

On enquiring with Carphone Warehouse it seems that upon collecting my phone and SIM card they hadn’t closed the transaction on their computer system, meaning the SIM remained inactive. Nobody seemed to have picked up on this but the staff were helpful and managed to correct the error and the SIM was activated within a couple of hours. 

Robyn

Glad you got it sorted @RobynJones,

When you purchase from Carphone Warehouse, the order needs to be closed down on the system before the connection is sent over to us.

If it wasn’t closed, that SIM would have been inactive.

Glad they sorted it in the end though.

You won’t have been charged for that period either.

If you still need help, let us know.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?