F.A.Q.

How do I get a replacement SIM?

• 11 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

How do I get a replacement SIM?

If you need a replacement SIM, chat to us and one of our Live Chat agents will arrange for a replacement SIM to be sent to you. A physical SIM will be sent to you within 2-3 days, or an eSIM will be sent to you by email shortly after you request one.

Alternatively, if you need a new physical SIM straight away, you can visit your nearest Currys store and get a free a replacement SIM.

Once you’ve received your replacement SIM, you’ll need to activate it. Here’s how: 

How to activate a physical SIM card.

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

1. Go to My services and tap Activate my SIM 

1. Scan your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM cardholder* 

1. Click Activate your SIM 

1. Wait a few hours for the new SIM to be activated 
    *If you don’t have the cardholder anymore, don’t worry - the number is also printed on the back of the SIM card. It’s an 11-digit number, and you just need to add '89442001' to the start of it. 

Alternatively, you can activate your SIM online

How to activate an eSIM.

On iPhone

1. Connect to a Wi-Fi network
  2. Open Settings
  3. Select Mobile Service
  4. Select Add eSIM
  5. Select Use QR Code
  6. Scan the QR code that we emailed you
  7. Tap Continue
  8. You’re all set!

On Android

2. Open Settings
  3. Select Connections
  4. Select SIM Manager
  5. Select Add eSIM
  6. Select Scan QR code
  7. Scan the QR code that we emailed you
  8. Tap Activate
  9. You’re all set!

On Google Pixel

2. Open Settings
  3. Select Network and Internet
  4. Select SIMs
  5. Select Download a new eSIM
  6. Scan the QR code that we emailed you
  7. You’re all set!

For more information on activating an eSIM, click here

How to switch from eSIM to physical SIM

Firstly, ensure you’ve got a new physical SIM card (an old deactivated physical SIMs will not work), you can get one by either contacting our Live Chat team or visit your nearest Currys store and get a free a replacement SIM. Once you’ve got a new physical SIM, follow these steps: 

On iPhone

1. Insert your new physical SIM into your phone.
  2. Open Settings
  3. Select Mobile Services
  4. Tap Delete eSIM
  5. Activate your physical SIM by following the steps under ‘How to activate a physical SIM card.’

On Android

2. Open Settings
  3. Select Connections 
  4. Select SIM Manager
  5. Tap Delete eSIM
  6. Activate your physical SIM by following the steps under ‘How to activate a physical SIM card.’

On Google Pixel

2. Open Settings
  3. Select Network & Internet
  4. Select Mobile Network
  5. Select the eSIM you you want to remove (in this case, iD eSIM)
  6. Tap on Delete
  7. Activate your physical SIM by following the steps under ‘How to activate a physical SIM card.’

Lost SIM card and forgotten password or login details

If you have lost your SIM card and forgotten your login details for the iD Mobile App or My Account online, we’ll need to issue you a replacement SIM card which you will have to activate. You’ll need to have an active iD SIM in order to reset your password, as we will send a text code to you to complete this.  

In order for us to send out a replacement SIM to you, you’ll need to provide us with some details via  Live Chat. Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. 

These details include:  

• Your full name  

• Your full address (including postcode) 

• Mobile number  

• Date of birth  

We’ll then get a replacement SIM out to you, which you’ll have to activate so you can get back into your account.  

Reporting a lost SIM card

If your SIM card is lost or stolen, you’ll need to get in contact with us immediately so we can prevent someone from accessing your account. Simply follow the steps below:  

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

1. Go to My Services 

1. Scroll down to Lost or Stolen  

1. Select Prevent your phone or SIM from being used  

1. Tap Block SIM  

1. Click Confirm  

If you cannot access your account, you can contact us via Live Chat and one of our helpful agents will arrange setting you up with a new SIM.  

Lost SIM and I don’t know the number

If you have lost your SIM card and don’t know your mobile phone, you’ll need to contact us via Live Chat and one of our assistants will be able to look into this for you.  

Lost my phone and my SIM card; how do I get a new one?

If your phone is insured, you’ll need to get in contact with your insurance provider in order to get a replacement. Most insurers will require you to notify them and the network within 24 hours of it being stolen or lost. You may have to notify the police too in order to make a claim. The police may provide you with an incident reference number which you will need when making a claim.  

If your phone is not insured, you will have to cover the cost of a replacement phone yourself.  

To get a replacement SIM card, you need to get in contact with us via Live Chat and one of our agents will arrange for you to be sent a new one with 2-3 days.  

When you receive your replacement SIM, you’ll need to activate it. You can do this by following these steps: 

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

1. Go to My Services 

1. Click Activate my SIM 

1. Scan in your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM card holder  

Once you hit the Activate your SIM button, your new SIM will be activated within a few hours.  

Reactivate returned, stolen phone and SIM

To reactivate your returned, stolen phone and SIM card, you’ll need to get in contact with us via the Live Chat and one of our agents will assist you. If we put a block on your phone when it was first reported stolen or lost, we will remove it so you can access your phone. To do this, you will need the password you set up when the block was placed on the phone. The block should be lifted in the first 24 hours of it being removed by our agent.  

To reactivate your SIM, simply follow the steps below:  

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

1. Go to My Services 

1. Click Activate my SIM 

1. Scan in your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM card holder  

Once you hit the Activate your SIM button, your new SIM will be activated within a few hours. 

Cancel my contract for a stolen phone or SIM card

If your phone has been stolen, you still need to complete your contract. We will need 30-days’ notice to cancel your contract.  

If you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. This will be equivalent to the total of the monthly charges remaining in the minimum term of your agreement. You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile App or My Account online, just follow the steps below:  

1. Go to My Account  

1. Tap Manage my plan and click End my plan  

1. You’ll be able to see your estimated cost of cancellation figure  

You can speak to one of our agents via our Live Chat for further assistance. Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?